Home Buying in Buckeye>Question Details

Ecomium, Home Buyer in Buckeye, AZ

Anyone know what the HOA 'transfer fees' are in Estrella Gardens subdivision? (These are the fees for transferring the HOA to a new owner.)

Asked by Ecomium, Buckeye, AZ Tue Mar 22, 2011

I'm just looking for the cost of 'transferring' the HOA (membership?) when I buy this house. I'm being obligated by the seller (it's REO sale) to pay these fees, so that makes me wonder if there's more here than meets the eye. Thanks for taking the time to check out my question.

"...of course, and she doesn't know."???

All that's required is to make a phone call to the HOA management company. If your agent can't do that, then perhaps you should do it. Either way, do you really want to take the word of an online forum like this and risk your money on the word of agents/brokers who have no fiduciary duties to you?

Contact the HOA directly, or insist that your agent does so.
I'm sure they do have a transfer fee, they have fees for everything.....however I would ASK what these fees will do for you
as a home owner in Sundance....point in question.....they are to keep streets and parks clean and home owners from having a bad looking lawn area,weeds,broken cement, garbage and garbage can showing,etc. Drive these streets first expecially over by the elementry school and play grounds........bad- bad-bad....... but you can bet they will start warning you about your yard.......
We closed this past spring on a house in that subdivision. The transfer fee was $285, plus a "service fee" of $39 although the monthly dues are about the lowest around at $20. I looked in the file for this house, which was also REO and according to my notes the seller paid this fee. Do note that the subdivision was managed by Kachina Management at that time; it is currently managed by Lighthouse. Best of luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 16, 2011
Mr. Hooker, Thank you and award me one 'duh'.... Call the HOA. I didn't consider that, although some of these seem... flaky, shall we say. I'll do that very thing if she's not back to me tonight or early a.m. Point taken on forum-type responses. I went through many questions before posting mine and there did seem to be the slightest tad of self-interest in some of the responses.

Thanks again! Awarded one 'Best Answer'.
Mr. Hooker.... I've already inquired of her, of course, and she doesn't know. Working on finding out. Meanwhile, I put an 'ask' up here.
This would be a great question to ask your Buyer's Agent! What does s/he say??