Anyone know of a place with a great, small town vibe within a couple of hours of Nashville?

Asked by Ajorlj, Nashville, TN Tue Nov 27, 2012

My husband and I are wanting to move closer to family, most of whom live within about 60 miles of Nashville in different areas. We have lived in the Nashville, Mt. Juliet and Murfreesboro areas in the past. We would really like to be in a smaller town than M'boro with an active downtown, library, etc. We are very flexible as to location, but don't want to end up in the suburbs of a city. Ideally, we would like an older home with some character if possible. Any suggestions as to a good place for us to retire?

Answers

5
Chuck Campbe…, Agent, Gallatin, TN
Wed Jan 23, 2013
There are so many great cities in the Middle Tennessee area. White House, Hendersonville, Greenbrier (which has a great golf course), and Mount Juliet. If you would like further information on a given area, don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance.

Chuck Campbell
615-315-1425
http://www.TNhomesbyChuck.com
Kathryn Grin…, Agent, Nashville, TN
Fri Nov 30, 2012
It is great to have Tennessee as the place you want to retire. All who have ever lived here know why it is such a great place to return. I live in Mt Juliet and work in Franklin, both great areas, but certainly are not far enough out for you.

Some often overlooked areas are Hartsville and Lafayette TN. Lafayette has an old town square and many area antique shops and is near Red Boiling Springs and is about 55 minute drive from Mt Juliet. The home values are great and plenty of options when it comes to homes. Whether you are looking for a home with acreage or something simple to take care of, this small town has it. Hartsville is about 15 minutes closer to Mt Juliet and has it's own charm as well.

Also, you might consider Greenbrier or Leiper's Fork. Greenbrier is NW of Nashville, and is a little closer to Nashville, but is tucked away quietly. Leiper's Fork in South of Nashville and not far from old down town Franklin TN.

If lake life sounds good to you, take a look at the area around the Tim's Fork Lake. It is a deep water lake and you can actually own the property at the shore line and have your own private dock. The towns of Winchester and Tullahoma are the towns near the lake.

Welcome Back to Middle Tennessee!
steve condur…, Agent, 37215, TN
Wed Nov 28, 2012
Monteagle comes to mind, as well as Portland, Tennessee. Crossville has wonderful golf and tons of hiking. Meanwhile, run up and down I-75 from Chattanooga to Knoxville and check out some of the mountain cities. Upper East Tennessee is out of your drive time parameters, but wow is it beautiful with lakes and Mountains.
Have fun exploring!
Steve Condurelis
co-founder, Keller Williams Nashville
Kenneth Barg…, Home Buyer, Nashville, TN
Tue Nov 27, 2012
The greater Nashville area is blessed with many communities matching your description. I highly recommend visiting the charm of scenic and historic Bell Buckle, and on a larger scale the wonderful neighborhoods off the square in Franklin. All the best - Kenneth http://www.bargers-solutions.com
Sharon Wayman, Agent, Nashville, TN
Tue Nov 27, 2012
Ashland City, Columbia ,Lebanon, Gallatin or Portland, etc. Just about any of those places or even further out, Pulaski, depends on your lifestyle.