Anyone know about North Queensview Homes in Astoria, Queens, New York, 33-64, 21 street? Good or bad?

Asked by Elena, Queens, NY Sun Aug 8, 2010

Answers

7
Mitchell Lan…, Home Owner, Astoria, Queens, NY
Fri Nov 26, 2010
I lived there from 1957 until 1976 and then from 1984 until 1992 and I just inherited my mother's apartment. It is a great place. The neighborhood has changed considerably since the 1960s, and 1000% for the better. Broadway back then had a few Italian restaurants. Now it is a mecca for a more diverse range of ethnic food than one can find in Manhattan. In fact, having lived on the upper west side of Manhattan from 1996-2009 I would say that Astoria today is how my wife remembers the upper west side in the 1960s and 1970s.

The buildings are not glamorous but they are well maintained, clean, plenty of heat and hot water and quiet. Many nice people live there, and I know of more than a handful of second and/or third generation owners who cannot find better deals elsewhere, including moi. Overall, a great place.
Meredith Esp…, Home Buyer, Hideaway, TX
Tue Apr 16, 2013
I grew up there, lived there until 1983, and had to sell what had been my parents' apartment in Bldg. 1 a few years ago. From what I've seen, there have been definite improvements and it's a good place to raise children.
Texas? I no longer live in NY, but I'm not in Texas. I'm a home owner, not a home buyer.
Flag Tue Apr 16, 2013
Vasilis Koko…, Agent, Astoria, NY
Thu Mar 21, 2013
North Queensview Coop is a wonderful place to live. The Coop is financially stable and very well maintained. The apartments are spacious and very sunny with only four units per floor. If you're looking for stability at an affordable price then this is a great choice.
Joseph Hasti…, Agent, Bayside, NY
Tue Oct 2, 2012
Hi Elena. I concur with my colleague Terry. These are well maintained buildings and although I've not sold in them, it was a great experience to show there. Very good room size and well laid out floorplans. A clean and inviting area with many families. If I have one minus, it would be that they are a good walk from the N and Q trains. Other than that, go for it. Good Luck!
Robin Silver…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Garden City, NY
Sun Aug 8, 2010
Terry, that sounds like a great value for Astoria. Elena, I checked the co-op approved list of 2 of lenders I most commonly use for co-ops. The building is approved currently from one, needs to hav up-dating on the other, no big deal at all. Updating could easily be because some of their insurance policies only expired a month ago, so if no one went to that bank since, they wouldn't be updated yet. My company does mortgage banking of co-ops, so rather than going outside to a lender, we do our own underwriting, so getting a commitment can be a bit quicker. If you are interested in getting pre-qualified, feel free to contact me at any time.
Therese L Ko…, Agent, Bayside NY 11361, NY
Sun Aug 8, 2010
Hi Elena, These are coops....great spot,well maintained development- large apartments-5 minutes drive to 59th Street bridge-20 minutes commute into Manhattan. Just sold a unit at 33-60 21st Street 3 bedroom 1.5 bath for $325K. Terry K 718-614-3167 cell or email me Therese.Korahais@elliman.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Aug 8, 2010
Keep in mind that opinions are often subjective, and what may be good for one may not necessarily be the case for another--unfortunately, real estate professionals are prohibited from “steering”—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods/complexes, etc.,; so, you should check out demographics on your own to assure your comfort level can be reached.