Anyone have feedback on Valley View?

Asked by claresmom, Olney, MD Sun Dec 9, 2012

We are long distance buyers looking at the Valley View development off Bethesda Church Road. We have not yet seen it in person due to our distance. Has anyone been through there and have any info or feedback on it that is not available on their website? Any thoughts or impressions are appreciated.

Answers

6
Piero Marinu…, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Mon Dec 10, 2012
In terms of how close together the houses are, I would imagine they are going to be pretty close. Based on the original property size, I'm guessing the lot sizes are around 1/4 acre so the yards won't be especially big. The truth is, a new home built on a large lot size will easily run you over $800K, even this far north.

I am pretty sure that the model is built and open, but beyond that, I would have to check. Keep in mind, this is a small development of only about 15-20 homes so you may want to act sooner rather than later to get the lot you want (assuming this is the location you want.

Also, heed Bruce's advice below as well. That area east of 270 is FULL of homes built in the past 7-8 years, and some are priced for less than you could build them. I am hoping you've done your research, but if this isn't something you've considered, make sure you can't save yourself $100K by getting something via resale nearby.
Greg Myers, Agent, Gaitherburg, MD
Mon Dec 10, 2012
I live in the area and have been through the developement. The land was vacant grass fields bordered by two sections of woods a year ago. What you can't see is the new subdivision is being built is a very deep valley so your lot choice has to be one of the upmost importance for future resale.

When buying new contruction the lot location is your first consideration, the home style your place on the lot is your second consideration. In any new development about 25% of the lots would be considered very desirable. In Valley View you want to be on the right side of the street.

If you wish, I can email you pictures or video of the area this week. Just send me an email.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group
Piero Marinu…, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Sun Dec 9, 2012
You may want to include what you're specifically interested in. The development is in Damascus, which would be considered a rural area/suburb by DC standards (not really a suburb of DC technically, considering its distance). It's a small town, not a lot of traffic there and certainly a lot more wide open spaces.

As for the development itself, I would say it looks a lot like Other new home developments at this stage. Again though, if there's something specifically you want to know, you may want to ask.
Greg Myers, Agent, Gaitherburg, MD
Mon Dec 10, 2012
Clarsmom,

I drove into Valley View at lunch time today to view the available lots. I will share my thoughts with you
on the lots they have left but prefer to do so in a private email.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group
gregorymyers@mris.com
Bruce Lemieux, Agent, Gaithersburg, MD
Sun Dec 9, 2012
Agree with Piero's suggestion.

If you are looking in this part of Montgomery County, I would not limit your search to only new development. If this area works for you, then I would definitely encourage consideration of resale. Although most distress sales have been worked out of our inventory, this area - and Clarksburg - has some of the newest housing stock here since many neighborhoods were built at the peak of the market.
Web Reference:  http://mocorealestate.com/
claresmom, Home Buyer, Olney, MD
Sun Dec 9, 2012
Thank you! Specifically, I'm wondering about space between the houses, if anything has actually been built yet, if anyone knows anything good or bad about the builder, if there are any potential negatives in the immediate area (like a landfill, backing to a high school, next to a prison, etc:-), it's too new so not showing up on google. Also, if anyone has toured the houses, are the houses super basic where everything you would want is an upgrade or are they fairly well appointed, with the models with rear garages, does that take up the whole backyard.... etc... I'm really just looking for any information anyone has on the community.