Anyone have an idea when most Mello-Roos in the Sante Fe Hills area ends?

Asked by Aarong, 92078 Tue Jul 14, 2009

I'm pretty certain that you won't know the full details on the mello-roos in the area of the home your buying until you go in to escrow and they provide the entire documents to you. But most of that Sante Fe Hills area was built within 3-4 years of all the homes. Sure the mello-roos can vary a bit from street to street, but is it all 20 year bonds? So if build in 1998 does it end in 2019? Has it ever gone up (most don't) from inception?

Answers

3
AJ Anchondo, , San Diego, CA
Tue Jul 14, 2009
While this area has an assigned Mello-roos, you must understand that each home may have a different schedule of year the additional tax will run. We have seen some cases where a buyer of the new home elected to pay the entire Mello-roos to be paid at the time of orriginal purchase. In some cases, the home owner was able to negotiate a discounted total when paying it in advance. The buyer also realizes this would be a significant advantage when re-selling the home in the future. You will have to get disclosure on the specific property from the sellers as to what the running years are for that home.
Lorraine, , Vista, CA
Thu Dec 9, 2010
Aarong:
Your question is very accurate as to the length of mello roos. Homeowners in this community and some banks are paying the mello roos off. The tax base for this community is approximately in the 1.5% . Nice area.
Lorraine
Crescent Moon Realty, Inc
lksellshomes@gmail.com
Bryan Devore, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Wed Jul 15, 2009
The best way to find out when a Mello Roos bond ends is to check the information on the tax bill of the home. For example, there is a website you can use that will show you a copy of the tax bill. On the bill, you will see the list of assessments/bonds, and the phone numbers to call to get their amounts and when they expire. Unfortunately I can't seem to post the website you need, so if you want to email me or call me, I can give you the address. If you need any assistance with anything else regarding Santa Fe Hills (a great community!), please let me know. Thanks!