Anyone a homebuyer in Park Lane West community in irvington Fremont CA? Pls share opinion on this community

Asked by Aas212, Fremont, CA Tue Oct 14, 2008

Answers

10
Srivatsam, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Fri Oct 7, 2016
We have been living in the Parklane community over a year now. I am posting this in 2016 and lots of information below seems to be outdated. I cannot comment on the situation before my stay. The community is clean and the townhomes built have good quality material and layouts. The quality of the doors, windows, appliances and the workman ship is above par. This comes from a home owner for quite sometime and hands on. The community is kid friendly.

Like any other community there is a mix of low income and regular owners. You would not find any difference between the families they are most from professional backgrounds and well integrated. As to the low income housing across the community; there has been no issues what so ever. Few family feuds is bound to be there anywhere. The cemetery is obscure and no direct line of sight or access except for the rear units that too are lined with trees. The inmates of the cemetery so far have not caused any trouble either. Great place with good walking distance from the schools and all other amenities like post office, farmers market etc.
J1963320, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Sun May 15, 2011
Do not buy #223, cheap interior design (cheap carpet, cheap flooring) cheap applicances, lack of sunlight.
TommyG, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Tue Jan 18, 2011
Well I am going there for my walkthrough. Closing should be next week. I'll be on the lookout for trash, cigarettes and dog poop.
House65, , Fremont, CA
Tue Jan 18, 2011
Park Lane west is that you can see cigarette buds and garbage everywhere and dog poop.
I think they pay the HOA, it should enjoy the “full service”, but everytime I went there I can see all the garbage still there.
TommyG, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Wed Dec 29, 2010
I am in the process of buying a unit at Park Lane West. We were not told that the walls were soundproof and to expect some amount of noise - which is reasonable. My wife and I have been in apartments for 4+ years and havent come across a soundproof complex. We were also told that HOA's are $380-400 so there isnt any surprise for us there either. This seems a bit high at first but it does include water, sewage, trash and everything from the drywall OUT in addition to the pool and the park.
We have 2 parking spots in the parking structure beneath the building which is nice and its 3 mi from where I work. We are very excited for our new home. The sales staff and Wells Fargo lender have been spectacular thus far.
Nilaf, , Fremont, CA
Mon Jun 28, 2010
My friend bought at this community. She likes it there. She has one of the two bedrooms and felt her neighbors were very nice and quiet. There are a few complainers in the community but otherwise it's close to work and the schools are close by. If I could afford it, I would buy here too. May be in a couple of years.
Tversion, Home Buyer, San Jose, CA
Sun May 30, 2010
I didnt buy here but have a co-worker at my company who bought a condo here about 8 or 9 months back, he seems to pretty happy with his home when we met at an office party the other day . He mentioned a few things but the one thing that stands out in memory is the fact that his son attends the nearby elem school and he can walk himself there
Shaheen977848, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Sat Mar 27, 2010
I bought a condo in Park Lane West in Fremont from Regis Homes last year. Their sales staff lied to all of us by saying:
1- HOA fees were supposed to be $300/mo and decreasing. In fact the HOA is about $400/mo and increasing every now and then.
2- They claimed the floors and walls consist of supper thick material and they are sound proof. In fact the floor are supper thin and I can hear my neighbour snoring!

When I ask Regis about their dishonesty, they simply said the sales staff could say anything they want, because they are trying to push the sales.

Be warned!
Aas212, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Mon Oct 20, 2008
Hi Dave, Thanks for your insights! Do you know any other new housing complexes that are close to BART? Where did you end up buying?
Dave, Home Buyer, Hayward, CA
Sun Oct 19, 2008
I really liked the community and the houses, but I ultimately decided not to purchase there due to 2 factors: proximity to a cemetery, which is adjacent on the east side and the proximity to low income housing apartments, which is adjacent to the northwest side. I believe these two factors might be an obstacle to value appreciation.