Mark, Home Buyer in Somerville, MA

Any thoughts on the 2 bedroon condos at 200 Swanton st 01890.?

Asked by Mark, Somerville, MA Fri Jun 12, 2009

Answers

5
Zelda Kohn, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Tue Jun 7, 2011
Mark,
The answers you will, typically, receive via open forum may not necessarily respond to what you want or need to know. I suggest you get yourself a Buyer's Agent and direct this question to him/her. Also, the agent will know better what your budgetary or other constraints and motivations are and be in a better position to give you a valuable answer and advise!

Having said that, I can tell you need to understand the building and the unit in it if you are considering it for purchase.
Web Reference:  http://boc-re.com
gabriel palo…, Agent, Pompano Beach, FL
Mon Jun 6, 2011
Yes indeed I think about it every time I pass it. My girlfriend would love to live there but my wife has an issue with it.
Katherine Wa…, Agent, Winchester, MA
Wed May 18, 2011
It depends on what you're looking for in a condo. The location is great but as you can see there are other factors to consider depending on your specific needs and family.
Kjs, , Winchester, MA
Sat Oct 2, 2010
VERY quiet building. NOT FOR CHILDREN - strict policies against noise/playing. Most units are studios/one bedrooms. Management treats owners like college students in dorm rooms - some of their policies are of questionable legality as they violate ownership laws and rights (I own a unit there but rent - I have great tenants but still management harasses me about trivial issues non-stop). Winchester community looks DOWN on the condos even though they are a nicer property than most multifamily housing in surrounding areas. Building is SOLID concrete and structurally sound - I would trust buying there more so than many other places.
Fri Jun 12, 2009
Hi Mark,

I would be very careful when considering any of the condos at Parkview. Some of the units have been redone and look nice for sure, and the prices are obviously very appealing but please get a buyer agent to represent your best interests and perform due diligence in researching the history of the building, condo association, etc. I am happy to provide more specifics if you would like to contact me directly. Best of luck.
Web Reference:  http://myrealtorjake.com