Any sense of how Quogue and Hampton Bays compare?

Asked by Rbier, Quogue, NY Sat Jan 25, 2014

Answers

3
Aaron Sacks, Agent, Westhampton Beach, NY
Thu Mar 6, 2014
I would agree with Suzy that Hampton Bays and Quogue are completely different towns.

Quogue is a very quiet old Hampton's Estate living. It has a very quaint village Main Street, some beautiful private village beaches and a great small elementary school. The housing market trends on the higher price side for the "western" hamptons because of the low village taxes and exclusive neighborhoods.

Hampton Bays is the working town. There are a lot more year around residents with the largest shopping hamlet for the area. Taxes are slightly higher then Quogue because they are not in a Village but housing prices are lower. There are some very beautiful parts of Hampton Bays with some great waterfront locations.

East Quogue is the best of both towns in my opinion. It has a great small town USA Main Street with some wonderful shops. The elementary school is one of the best in the area and is part of the Westhampton Beach High School district. Taxes are slightly higher then Quogue but lower then Hampton Bays. Housing prices tend to be higher in East Quogue then Hampton Bays but less than Quogue for the same style house.

I would recommend contacting a local realtor like myself that lives in the area to show you around.
Susan L Fall…, Agent, Hampton Bays, NY
Thu Feb 27, 2014
Just to add some thoughts to this thread... Hampton Bays and Quogue are very different in terms of character, price point, and homes. HB caterers to a younger (ie. more bars & clubs) crowd esp in the summer. I find Hampton Bays much busier in general than Quogue. I think a better comparison is HB to East Quogue. These two have more similarities... family-oriented, more year-round residents, greater selection of mid-range homes. But the best way to get a sense of both? Call me and come out for a day and I can show you first-hand. Suzy Fallon, Broker, Island Polo Realty, 516-512-1511
Peter Grajew…, Agent, Middle Island, NY
Wed Feb 19, 2014
They are both good towns to live in. Very inexpensive taxes for Long Island. Give me a call if you have any questions.
Every town across the world brings it own unique features. The question is what it is that you are looking for?

If you want low taxes, Quogue is the town for you. If you are looking for more activity, Hampton Bays maybe a good choice. They are both very beautiful places to live or vacation.

I hope that you find what something that suits your needs. Enjoy your search.

Kimberly Misuraca
Flag Thu Jun 5, 2014