Any recommendations on a broker or agent to use for VA mortgages?

Asked by Michael Dominguez, Medford, OR Sun Jan 13, 2013

Again we are a military family leaving the Army next month and looking to have oregon be that forever place to raise the kids. We have 5 kids ranging from the ages of 2 uears old to our oldest just turning 17. So we would love a 5 bedroom 2 bath or more. looking from $1 to $175,000. and we would love to be closer to Medford since I am 70% disabled according to the Army and will want to go to school in order to gain a new skill.

Answers

10
Kimi Fernand…, Agent, Medford, OR
Sun Jan 13, 2013
Hi- I am well versed in va buyers and work closely with a good lender that specializes in va loans. Call me if you'd like some help- Kimi Henderson
541-301-8332
, ,
Sun Jan 13, 2013
With the service connected disability you qualify to have the funding fee waived so that will help reduce your loan amount. You can also use your disability income to qualify you but you may not use any of the funds you would collect on the GI Bill. VA loans are definitely my favorite loan type and I consider them my niche... you can read a little about them here.

http://www.trulia.com/blog/corriklebaum/2012/12/va_loan_prog…

My contact information is available on my profile feel free to contact me.
Ml.pattynan63, Home Buyer, Eagle Point, OR
Sat Aug 3, 2013
Oh, at $175. The houses you may find will not be in the best areas.
Sat Aug 3, 2013
First you need to consider wherer you want to live. For you I would choose Roseburg. They have a VA hospital that is wonderful. You may need those services. We are retired Military also. Since Oregon is not very pro military there are not a lot of bases around for services. Right now we live in Yuma, AZ. There is a big Marine base here and we can go get our meds free. But ya goot alike HOT! in the summers. Schools are good here. In Medford, if you pick the Old Medford (North, up behind the hospital) you will find a lot of good people and close by services. If you are retired then you have tricre for life and being near a base is not so important. Try Medford Clinic in Medford for good drs. It is also close to the hospital and nice housing. I can even recommend dentist . My daughter is a chair side person for a dentist. Also close to the hospital pt
Sat Aug 3, 2013
Greg Goebelt....He is thoughtful and very helpful.
Tecky Lafeve, Agent, Medford, OR
Mon Jan 14, 2013
Hi Michael,
Peggy Nickols, Umpqua Bank (541)618-6725 has been a lender in the Valley at least that long...also, Brett Morris at Peoples Bank(541)944-5588, has been in the lending business and has great experience with VA Loans.

I too have been in the Real Estate Sales for 25+ years, and have lots of experience with VA loans. In fact, have had several VA loans.

Hope this helps you obtain the dream of owning a home. I can be reached at 541-941-5796.
Tecky LaFeve
Ron Galbreath, Agent, Medford, OR
Sun Jan 13, 2013
Oregon is a great choice! I raised 4 children and the youngest just left for college in Eugene! Most Brokers can work with VA and provide good assistance. Now that I have been selling Real Estate for over 20 years and have built a good reputation I would suggest you use an experienced Agent that has a lot of contacts and experience to be able to help overcome most any road block. One of the main things to remember is to let you Home Inspector know that the evaluation is for VA loan purposes so the correct paperwork can be performed the first time. Your VA approved Lender will help with most everything needed by you. Most important is the DD214. When negotiating for the home you find it is best to let the Seller know you are using a VA loan so the agents can figure the net sheet for the seller and not have any surprises at closing. Good luck and Welcome Home!
Melina Tomson, Agent, Salem, OR
Sun Jan 13, 2013
I'd also recommend Scott Price at Pacific Residential. He offers some of the least closing costs to our vets that I have seen.
Marc Slavit, Agent, Medford, OR
Sun Jan 13, 2013
Hello, my name is Marc Slavit, a Broker with Keller Williams Realty. I would be happy to help you and your family find the right home. I also can connect you to a great local lender that specializes in VA loans. The lender is James Beard at North Pacific Financial. Let me know a number I can reach you and I will call you to set up a game plan with you. I look forward to hearing from you soon. 541-890-6724.
Lana Lavenba…, Agent, Grants Pass, OR
Sun Jan 13, 2013
You can use someone like Gene Green at Wells Fargo! His number is 541-659-3502 or his email is> Gene.Green@wellsfargo.com

I hope that helps.