Any realtor/ buyers agent in Lebanon area that do not require a pre approval to go view homes? Current home on the market!

Asked by Rich Brunner, Brunnerville, PA Mon Sep 17, 2012

Answers

5
Paul B. Lorenzetti’s answer
Paul B. Lore…, Agent, Lebanon, PA
Tue Sep 18, 2012
Hello Rich,
As a Realtor and Broker for quite a few years, I would not show homes to anyone without some type of pre approval for a loan. In almost all circumstances in Lebanon, if someone is interested in bringing a contract they must have approval letter to go with the offer. If you don't then an offer is not going to be accepted until you get approval which leaves the door open for another offer to come in in the meantime. That just wastes a lot of time for all concerned. I realize that you have your home on the market, but until it is under contract, it does not make you any more qualified than anyone else. You could write a contingency offer showing your home on the market but you should still have a pre qualification letter from a lender.
I highly recommend that you contact a lender and get this done. It does not take very long and most lenders can get a letter out that would be conditional upon you selling your home.
Trevor Curran, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Great Neck, NY
Tue Sep 18, 2012
Good morning Rich,

First, any Realtor worth her mettle would NEVER take a Buyer out without knowing the Buyer is prequalified for mortgage financing. What you're asking in your query is this: "Where can I find the least experienced, least professional real estate agent who will allow me to waste his time and in turn will waste my time?"

Line up your mortgage financing and connect with an experienced real estate pro, the kind who says, "I'm sorry, I don't show ANY houses until you've been Prequalified for a mortgage."

Second, simply because you've got a home that is on the market does not make you any more qualified than another buyer. In fact, you're probably LESS qualified because you have to sell in order to buy. Many homeowners are reluctant to enter into a transaction with a Buyer who needs to sell in order to buy.

Get prequalified and let your Mortgage Banker guide you on what you can and cannot do to move forward on buying your next home.

Trevor Curran
Bob Costello, Agent, Highlands Ranch, CO
Mon Sep 17, 2012
I personally always ask to see the pre-approval letter. My time is valuable so I don't want to waste it with someone who is not serious. Especially of they have a current broker selling their house.......
- I'd rather go skiing.

If you call one of the national franchises and ask for 'any broker' you will get someone who is the 'floor' broker on duty. They are usually new, don't have much business savy, and will spend lots of time with you.
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Mon Sep 17, 2012
I'm surprised that you're unable to find an agent to work with you, though I'd also recommend that getting a pre-approval (even if it's subject to you're selling your current home) would be to your advantage.

Alternatively you might consider offering to pay an agent a few hundred dollar non-refundable fee to be credited against their commission when you buy as this might make them feel more comfortable.

when it comes to finding a buyer broker, you might want to read the attached. Don't just grab the first agent you come across, interview several and find yourself an experienced professional. The extra effort will be well worth it.
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Mon Sep 17, 2012
Just curious as to why you wouldn't want to have a pre-approval in hand, for your own benefit?

Is your current home listed with an agent?
If so, is that agent refusing to take you out to see homes?

I would be reluctant to take up my time showing homes unless I knew the person was qualified to actually buy a home.

Best wishes...........