Any opinions on what happened with the sale of 2850 Park Place???

Asked by Mr. Blue, Laguna Beach, CA Fri May 7, 2010

Looks like other homes sold for much less during the escrow of the house or shortly before it entered escrow. The new owners enjoy a daily reminder of a close comp from their view, which is, uhhhh, partially blocked by a custom home that sold for much less on a per square foot basis (3216 Tyrol). Is the Park Place house upside down on day 1 for the new owners???? see http://www.bluemove.blogspot.com for the numbers.

Answers

4
Grettalulu, Both Buyer And Seller, Greensboro, NC
Sat Jan 29, 2011
New owners bought furniture and TVs.
Mr. Blue, Home Buyer, Laguna Beach, CA
Sat Jun 19, 2010
The story on 2850 Park Place is just getting worse. Check out the Bluemove blog.
Mr. Blue, Home Buyer, Laguna Beach, CA
Sat May 8, 2010
Please, Cynthia. Cost per square foot means nothing? Really? Really? Please. It may mean less in certain situations. Not nothing. In this case, it means a heck of a lot. Save the excuses for your buyers. Why won't realtors step up and say that it is at least possible that someone overpaid for a home? Overpaid by hundreds of thousands? No, let's not do that, let's pile on the excuses!!!

The home that is two houses away is a nicer, semi custom home with a better view. So the per square foot comparison is entirely justified. i would have never have bought 2850 Park Place, a standard tract style home, for $1,620,000. Perhaps $1.2M or $1.3. A lot less. Yes, I'm a buyer. An informed buyer.
Cynthia Flem…, Agent, Laguna Niguel, CA
Fri May 7, 2010
Don't know about 2850 Park Place, but we all know that you cannot go by cost per square foot in Laguna...at least if you know Laguna real estate at all, cost per square foot means nothing! There are far too many factors that come into pricing in Laguna than just sq'.

2830 Park Place came on the market this week and I saw it on Preview, it's an absolutely gorgeous home.
This is a short sale listing. Home has a fabulous panoramic view of the mountains and the yard and grounds are meticulous.

Are you a home buyer as your name says? I'm just curious, I see your posts here often but it does not seem like you have any plans on purchasing.