Any info on Kenion Grove in Hillsborough? Have heard KB homes has a bad reputation in other states.

Asked by Movingsoon, Maryland Wed Jan 9, 2008

I am relocating with my family and am interested in Hillsborough, Kenion Grove seems too good to be true. Has KB Homes had problems in N.C.? It seems like a risk considering the problems they had in Texas, is there any way to protect a home investment in N.C.? Any advice appreciated - Thanks.

Answers

3
Larry Carroll, Agent, 27278, NC
Wed Oct 31, 2012
Hi, I live in downtown Hillsborough and have owned and managed a Building and Real Estate Company for over 30 years. KB homes is a production company and to compare a Florida stucco exterior home to a home built in Kenon Grove is like camparing apples and oranges. Being a custom builder for most of my life, I am not saying KB Homes are perfect here but we have a good inspection department and they are held to the same standards as any other builder in our area. Get yourself an experienced Realtor and hire a quailified private home inspector before you think about buying any home new or used. Don't fall in love before you know the details and don't assume based on speculation. I now specialize in Real Estate solutions for past and future clients. and would be glad to use my expertise to help you find your next new home.

Larry Carroll
larry@carrollhomesnc.com
carrollhomes.kwrealty.com
Larry Carroll, Agent, 27278, NC
Wed Oct 31, 2012

Larry Carroll
larry@carrollhomesnc.com
carrollhomes.kwrealty.com
Nona, , Jacksonville, FL
Tue Jan 15, 2008
Do not buy a KB Home. Our 2003 home has been repaired 4 times for severe leaking through the stucco. All walls on one side, in & out were removed & it still leaked. Now we have to sell due to a relo. Wanna try selling this lemon? We rue the day we bought a KB & all the KB houses in my neighborhood have had leak issues.