Any ideas on living in Hackettstown or Budd Lake in NJ and commuting to Midtown for work?

Asked by VR Kala, New York, NY Wed Jan 18, 2012

I see only one decent option - drive and take Lakeland bus from Rockaway mall. I would like to know idea and opinion of anyone doing this on a daily basis. Any other easy ways of commute and how long does it take? I live in Millburn, NJ and am completely unaware of the these 2 areas. It would be of great help if anyone can give me any ideas on commute and nearby grocery and shopping like wholefoods, day care etc. Thanks!

Answers

3
Janen Ardia, Agent, Flanders, NJ
Sun Mar 10, 2013
Panther Valley offers a direct bus line that goes directly into Port Authority. No stops. It is the Martz Line.
The cost for housing is far better out here than as y get closer to the city.
There is also NJ Transit with the last stop on their line out here in Hackettstown so y have the best of all worlds!
Christina, Home Buyer, Hackettstown, NJ
Sun Dec 30, 2012
The commute would be ridiculous from Hackettstown/Budd Lake to NYC. You are better off living in Millburn. you have a very short commute to NewYork from Millburn. You have everything you can imagine nearby in Millburn. In Hackettstown/Budd Lake there is very little around and you need to travel to reach anything. Your commute would most likely be more than two hours going in one direction if you move to Hackettstown/Budd Lake and continue to work in New york. I do not know of any Whole Foods anyhwhere near here or even in Warren County. Just stay in Millburn. Spend more time living and enjoying life rather than commuting more than four hours per day.
Alex Zecchino, Home Buyer, Pompton Lakes, NJ
Sat Mar 10, 2012
Midtown, NJ is about 2.5 hours (longer with traffic, but usually not much longer)

Midtown manhattan is roughly 1 and a half to 3 hours depending on traffic and road conditions. Thats just to the GWB. To get down to midtown your looking at a bit longer.

I wouldn't envy either commute, they're brutal from hakettstown.