Any great deals in Margate?

Asked by Craig, 08402 Wed Dec 29, 2010

Answers

11
Mark Arbeit, Agent, Margate, NJ
Tue Apr 23, 2013
Over the last couple of months, there have been more and more financial analysts coming to the same conclusion: It’s time to buy real estate. So are there great deals in Margate?....Yes...But

The latest home sales numbers are out. And for buyers across the state, it's an increasingly ugly picture.

Basically, buyers are facing the worst possible combo, dwindling choices and rising prices.

Sales of single-family homes across NJ dropped March compared to the same time last year.

However, it's not a lack of interest that is driving down sales, but rather the dwindling number of choices.

So when people ask me "Are we at the bottom"... I say yes....and you better hurry!
Francine Sol…, , Margate City, NJ
Tue Apr 9, 2013
There are many great deals in margate, it is still a buyers market. With the right agent we can go out there and find the right deal for your needs.
Francine
Bruce Eberson, Both Buyer And Seller, Washington, DC
Sun Dec 9, 2012
"The House With The Lions", (4 large royal-looking cement lions, 2 standing tall on the covered porch with 6 columns, 2 lions are laying down on the grass, head held high), built in 1928, is for sale. I grew up in that house (since 1957). Mum and dad have passed away, my brother and I inherited it. He and I do not get along. He is 5 minutes away from it, I am 4-hours away. I wish someone would buy it and live in it, a builder wants to knock down the grand old lady of the block and build two big houses on it's two adjacent lots. A local landmark will be lost. 4 bedroom, 2 bath, lots of windows, parking for 7-8 cars (4 in the driveway 2x2, 3-4 in front). Big back yard (for Margate). Big driveway to play in. Two-zone gas heat, two central A/C units - 3 zones. There is a detached garage with a small unheated apartment above that mum used to rent out in the summer to pay her taxes. It will be listed as soon as I UPS the papers to the agent Monday (plus transit time). They say that the value is in the land but this is a great house, not a knock-down, of course I am biased. It is a street that doesn't flood (200 block Hanover). The big driveway allows the sun to bask the great little sunny sunroom, a warm place for winter coffee and newpaper, lots of windows for breezy summers. Taxes are ~$5K. 215 N. Hanover, Margate. We recently de-listed it from $549K. We'd like $500K (the value of two non-adjacent lots), OBO. BEberson@aol.com
info, Home Seller, Margate City, NJ
Fri Nov 30, 2012
I think there is a great bargain on Knight Ave. It is a For Sale by Owner and is 8 houses from the beach. Many homes being sold this close to the beach ( builders spec homes or just grand expensive homes ) are listed at 1.4 mill and above. This is one that is in move in condition and priced under $750,000.
Visit the website at http://www.18southKnight.com
Jerry Barker, Agent, Atlantic City, NJ
Fri Oct 5, 2012
Please take at a look at this new listing we have right across the street from the beach and Lucy the Elephant. It's MLS# 401264 and the address is 9105 Atlantic Ave in Margate, the name of the condos is "Seahorse" If you like it please call me and I'll show it to you.

Here is some information on the property: http://www.postlets.com/res/8234066

It's extremely beautiful and it's in the best location. If you rent it for the summer you'll rake in about $8000 which covers your expenses for the whole year, then you can basically use it for free the other 9 months out of the year or rent it out in the off season for even more money!
Virginia "GI…, Agent, Margate, NJ
Thu Dec 30, 2010
Depending on where you want to be, there are some great buys in Margate - our office sold two of the Best Beachblock Buys this week - 1 week closings - at substantially lower prices then there original list price.

Prudential Fox & Roach Realtors has the major market share in Margate, so if you would like us to add you to our automatic email of listings, please email us at gsutor@realtor.com or call me direct at 609-226-0593 or our office number 822-4200 ext. 190 and we would be happy to assist you.

We look forward to hearing from you,

Virginia "GINNY" Sutor and Marilyn "LYNN" Sutor
Atlantic County Real Estate professionals with 35+ years experience
Web Reference:  http://ginnysutor.com
Tim Robbins, Agent, Northfield, NJ
Thu Dec 30, 2010
Craig

There has never been in history a better time to find the perfect purchase opportunity in Margate! As an Exclusive Buyers Broker and in fact one of the only ones in the area I spent the last 20 years working full time in real estate I have been through many changing markets and I have not seen a market like this where all of the pieces have come together at the same time.

What I mean by this is Interest rates as all time lows and starting to creep back up, prices of homes at a 10 year low and many people wanting to make a deal. All this happening at the same time is unpresidented!

That being said; the most important thing for you to do if you are buying with a mortgage is go and get pre-approved and NOT pre-qualified there is a difference. If you are paying Cash make sure you have yor proof of funds in hand a letter from the source where the funds sit.

The last and most important is having a broker who is going to work exclusively for you all the way from begining to end who does not have any inventory to push. This is how you make sure you always have someone 100% of time on your side.

Now if you want to see what is available on the market first what you need to do is in your mind determine what is a good deal because it is not all about price...; Make up a WANTS....NEEDS... DESIRES... list and then go and search just click on my link I offer the entire MLS and where you can also receive updates when new homes come on the market. Also you can contact me and I can let you in on any FSBO's that I come across which I can work on for you since I am NOT looking for listings.

Thanks for the question

Tim Robbins, sr.

Better Homes Realty
800-610-3599
Thomas & Kat…, Agent, Margate City, NJ
Wed Dec 29, 2010
Craig,
My wife and I live in Margate and have been selling Real Estate here for 20 years. It is a great time to buy here. We can have any new listings automatically emailed to you if you like. Or you can use our RE/MAX app for smart phones that will let ou search the MLS from your phone. If you are interested in either just let us know.
Tom & Kathy O'Brien
RE/MAX Platinum, Margate
tob2@verizon.net
Web Reference:  http://thomasobrien.com
Judi Wolfson, Agent, Margate, PA
Wed Dec 29, 2010
Yes, there are some GREAT deals now. There is a BEACH FRONT home that is only 5 years old for $995,000, and a Bay FRONT home at the same price. There are FIVE 3-bedroom homes asking LESS than $300,000. And... if you are interested in condos, there is a 2 bedroom condo for only $149,000. Plus there are 27 additional condos with at least 1 bedroom, all under $300,000. Give me a call 800-339-5834 or email and I will be glad to send you the details on all of these properties. I myself have owned a home in Margate for the past 12 years and have been selling real estate for 28 years. WHAT A GREAT TIME TO BUY!

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Judi Wolfson, ABR, CRS, ePro500
RE/MAX Platinum.
Where is the beach block 5 year old home?
Flag Fri Jul 26, 2013
Jerry Barker, Agent, Atlantic City, NJ
Wed Dec 29, 2010
You have the pick of the litter out there right now, there are over 550 listings for sale, if you would like I can assist you with purchasing property in this area as I live fairly close to there myself and I am available full time.
Web Reference:  http://www.sjrates.com
Don Maclary, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Wed Dec 29, 2010
Great deals on homes and interest rates are everywhere right now, Find a good agent and go get one.
if you need help go to http://www.chooseahomenow.com and send me an email I will put you in contact with an agent.