Trent Bennett,  in Canton, GA

Any feedback about Woodmont Golf and Country Club? What are buyers saying? What's your opinion of pricing, presentation, product?

Asked by Trent Bennett, Canton, GA Sun Jan 24, 2010

Answers

7
Joshua Jarvis, Agent, Duluth, GA
Mon Jan 25, 2010
Woodmont is one of the nicest courses for the money in all of metro Atlanta. All of Wieland's courses are nice. At the time of this question, the prices are at an all time low. Not just the cliche' market is down, type of prices, but you can buy a great home on an awesome course and not have to pay the golf view premium in this market. It would seem (my opninion) that all the golf communities in and around Atlanta are even more severely depressed than the surrounding neighborhoods. This could be a great thing for a golfer though!
Christopher…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Alpharetta, GA
Fri Jun 29, 2012
I actually live in Woodmont and it is a very nice course. The cost of membership has come down quite a bit (Like most memberships) which makes it a great deal. The course, much like the neighborhoods, is always in good shape. There are some fantastic deals looming here. Although you can find cheaper houses in surrounding areas they will pail in comparison of the amenities provided in Woodmont. And you will be buying a home built by one of the premier builders in the South East.
davidwbrower, , Woodstock, GA
Sun Jan 24, 2010
Absoliutely great place to buy. I played the course on Friday. One of the best courses around. Always in great shape and a joy to play. Golf course communities generally retain value. Great time to buy in hear b/c prices are at all time low. if you need help let me know.
Tim King, Agent, Canton, GA
Fri Feb 8, 2013
Some of the nicest homes for the money in the area. There are some new home being built now that are very competively priced. One of the best quality builders in atlanta.
Profound2, , Georgia
Sun May 6, 2012
Interesting that no one mentions how much the HOA fees with and without golf
Gajulestwo, , Canton, GA
Mon Feb 8, 2010
We just bought a house in Woodmont in June. We moved here from the Alpharetta area and absolutely love it here. I would say there are probably some deals to be had in this neighborhood. We have great neighbors, love the amenities, and don't find the HOA fees to be that bad. I would say if you are looking for a great family place this is it, and at the same time, my neighbors on both sides are retired empty nesters.
James Dudley, Agent, Suwanee, GA
Tue Jan 26, 2010
I used to work in the golf industry managing golf courses in the Atlanta area for a while and also calling on them as customers for a major equipment and irrigation supply company. There are some fantastic courses and there are some great neighborhoods, but not all of them meet both criteria.

Woodmont has always been consistently good with respects to the golf course and amenities. Given the age of the community I would be willing to bet that many of the homes are in need of upgrades and renovations to suit desirable design trends that buyers look for today. Stainless steel appliances and fixtures, Tile colors, Granite, etc.

One thing that comes with living in a golf community are tough HOA guidelines and sometimes higher HOA fees. This could be a deterant for home buyers in today's economy.