Any bond money available in St Tammany? I am interested in buying a home there.

Asked by Gerry Gaudet, St Tammany Mon Jun 30, 2008

Answers

10
Darci Lambert, Agent, Mandeville, LA
Tue Aug 19, 2008
There is BOTH St. Tammany Parish bond money left AND STATE level but the parish is a little faster to close and with a lower interest rate of 5.9%. Each program has their own guidelines so you will need to talk to a lender directly to see if you qualify. Email or call me if you need the name of a lender.
Web Reference:  http://www.darcilambert.com
Daniel, , Baton Rouge, LA
Sun Jul 27, 2008
If and when new bond money is provided, there are restrictions. the biggest is that you will be penalized BIG TIME if you sell your home within 10 years!

the average homeowner sells their home after 7 years
Alex, , Mandeville, LA
Sun Jul 27, 2008
How does the bond money work? Do you have to be a first time home buyer, first time buyer, certain income level, etc.? Any other qulaification requirements or recommendations?
craig miramb…, Agent, Metairie, LA
Sun Jul 6, 2008
Okay, so you called someone and they told you no. I am sitting at a party now with the loan officer and she says yes they have bond money right now. and that is for applicants that are new as well.

I am sticking with real estate, ,as an agent, its my job to inform my buyers of options, and good thing i know because there are plenty of people who call the wrong people and get bad answers.
Daniel, , Baton Rouge, LA
Sat Jul 5, 2008
I did call, and guess what? There is no more STATE BOND MONEY for new applicants ! There may be additional monies available in a few weeks!

what you may be referring to are those fortunate buyers who applied 60 days ago!

stick with real estate
craig miramb…, Agent, Metairie, LA
Sat Jul 5, 2008
Hey Daniel, MR BS, do you need bond money, because it is avaiable. You can call the ledner tomorrow if you like just to prove it.
Daniel, , Baton Rouge, LA
Sat Jul 5, 2008
MORE BS

no more bond money til august or so
craig miramb…, Agent, Metairie, LA
Tue Jul 1, 2008
My clients are receiving it as of last week
Daniel, , Baton Rouge, LA
Tue Jul 1, 2008
I thought bond money was gone, may have more in August
craig miramb…, Agent, Metairie, LA
Mon Jun 30, 2008
Here is the latest info from my mortgage contact. Email me if you would like her info to contact her
realtorcraig@cox.net

I have some good news, we still have Bond Money available.

St. Bernard 6.45% 4% Assistance
Jefferson Parish 6.39% 4% Assistance (Must close by August 29, 2008)
Houma-Terrebonne 5.90% 4% Assistance
St. Tammany Parish 5/90% 3% Assistance

Realtorcraig@cox.net