Any Idea of rezoning PONDEROSA - Lakes & Birds, out of Ardenwood school.?

Asked by p4340s, Fremont, CA Thu Sep 29, 2011

I am interested in buying a house in Ponderosa Fremont. My elder one goes to Ardenwood Elementary. I want to keep the school. Someone mentioned me that buying a house in Ponderosa may be risky as that area may be rezoned to some other elementary school. Any Ideas... on thise.
Thanks in Advance.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Sunil Sethi’s answer
Sunil Sethi, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue Nov 8, 2011
I agree with what Steven, Carl and Ana have said. However when you call the district, you'll find the person that answers knows very little. Unfortunately, Fremont Unified School District isn't very good at communicating what it does know or is planning on doing.
Also most of Fremont's schools' with API's greater than 850 are impacted and kids are being diverted to lower API scoring schools.

So if a particular school matters, call the school to confirm in the desired grade level, also see what the district has to say regarding rezoning, finally google to see if there is any other source of relevant information.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Steven Fong, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue Nov 8, 2011
My understanding of the current boundary lines are inline with Carl. The "Bird" streets are associated with Ardenwood Elementary and the "Lake" streets are associated with Warwick Elementary. Keep in mind a lot of the high performing elementary schools in Fremont are impacted, so you'll want to confirm with the schools and see where they are diverting to if that's the case. You can call the quick check number to confirm the attendance area of each home for Fremont Unified.

Attendance and API scores can be found at:

Steven Fong
Web Reference:
1 vote
Steve Krusch…, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Fri Sep 30, 2011
As both Carl and Ana have mentioned calling the school district is your best option. As an example, I moved my family into a home because we liked the school it was zoned for. Two years later it was re-zoned to a different school. School districts have to do this from time to time as the population of school age children changes in various neighborhoods.

The Kruschke Team
0 votes
Ana Lopez, Agent, Milpitas, CA
Thu Sep 29, 2011
To be safe, I would call the School District and ask if there are any plans in the works to rezone.
If a rezone did happen, you can request an Intra-District transfer, not guaranteed.
0 votes
The Medford…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Thu Sep 29, 2011
Currently, Lakes and Birds is divided between two schools – homes in the “Birds” area fall into the Ardenwood Elementary district, homes on the other side of Fremont Boulevard in the “Lakes” area fall into the Warwick Elementary district.

You can see maps for the various boundaries here:…

Ardenwood is based on a lottery system so even if you live in the district, there is no guarantee your children will make it into the school. Call the Fremont Unified School District for up-to-date answers – they will be able to tell you whether or not there are any redistricting plans in the near future. They will also explain the lottery system to you as well.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more