Anxiously need info on Hudson Heights, NYC

Asked by Sdtrendy, New York, NY Tue Mar 29, 2011

Does anyone live in Hudson Heights? Near west 186th St? I'd love your opinion of the neighborhood. Is $290,000 for a 1BR in a nice co=op too high?

Answers

8
Nick Rafello,…, Agent, NY,
Tue Mar 29, 2011
I too live in Hudson Heights. I've lived and sell everything in this area for the past decade. There are roughly 168 one bedrooms on the market in Washington Heights (Hudson Heights is in Washington Heights proper). You have a lot to choose from. 75% of these properties are under $300K. Do I think that $290K is a good "asking price" - ABSOLUTELY. As with everything, prices ARE negotiable, but I would need to know what the building/apartment you speak of. This way I can help you with recent sales (comps), etc, in the building and area. If you love it, then you should have that apartment! :o) If you would like a "Buyer's Agent" to represent you and discuss things in further detail, please give me a call and lets make that deal

Nick Rafello, V.P.
Associate Broker
The Corcoran Group
Member of the Multi-Million Dollar Club
(646) 221-8321 cell
(212) 444-7853 office
nrafello@corcoran.com
My Listings: http://www.corcoran.com/nrafello
Nancy Brennan, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Mar 29, 2011
I live and work in the area and the answer to your question is yes, that's a great price for a typical 1 br up here. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me.

Nancy Brennan
The Corcoran Group
nbrennan@corcoran.com
Jenet Levy, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Mar 29, 2011
I've sold in Castle Village and my buyers love the area. They are near everything they could want, love the quick express commute on the A and have have been very happy. Your price sounds good, but I would really suggest you work with an experienced professional to determine the fair market value of that particular unit and negotiate on your behalf, as well as research other properties in the area that might also fit what you are looking for.
Isaac Oserin, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Mar 29, 2011
Live & Work there....great neighbordood. The answer depends on many factors including location. Bennett and W186th would command a different price than 186/Cabrini or 186/Pinehurst.
Web Reference:  http://www.isoproperty.com
Nancy Brennan, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Mar 29, 2011
I meant to add that not knowing which building or which apartment you're referring to I can only say in general that the price quoted is good and even below the average ask price up here. It can vary from building to building and as to the condition of the specific apartment you are looking at.
Deltsova Yel…, Agent, NY,
Tue Mar 29, 2011
I live and work in the area. I need more specific about the streets or block where this co-op is located.
Some parts of Hudson Heights perfect in general - close to trains, parks, supermarkets and more.
Some are not that great. I live @ west 189 and Bennett avenue and absolutely love my area. If go further west to
Fort Washington - it's even better. But the prices are so different - it also depends what kind of co-op, how many
square feet you got for this price, how low is c.c. , what kind of amenities in the building. There are cheaper 1 bedrooms apartments as well as more expensive. It's a big decision to make especially in current market.
If you want more info, let me know. I live in the neighborhood for almost 10 years and it went trough dramatic
changes lately.
Yelena Deltsova
Real estate agent
646-645-9833
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Tue Mar 29, 2011
Each property stands alone your buyers agent professional direct all your questions to for assistance for comp value of a property

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Bestplace2mo…, , Kingston, NY
Tue Mar 29, 2011
Hi there,

I don't live there personally, but your best bet is to talk to an accomplished agent from a good brokerage that has a lot of experience in that area - they will be able to advise you on pricing in specific buildings and areas.

I'm sure you'll get responses from agents here if you need a referral we'd be happy to help.

Thanks and all the best,

Maureen