Am wanting to buy a house but I feel he's asking way too much for it. I need a way to find what he paid!

Asked by Tammy, 2650 S. banshee ct. Thu Aug 7, 2008

Or at least how much its worth. Hes asking 225,000.00 Am I being looked at as a sucker or what? My neighbor is selling same kind of home for 150,000.00

Answers

2
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Thu Aug 7, 2008
What a person paid, is not an indication of what the market value of a home might be. Some of the things that bring value to a home are location,size and amenities.
You need to retain a good Buyer Agent who will do a CMA for you. This will show all homes, for sale (which represent the top of the market) Homes Sold (which indicate market value) homes in escrow (pending) and homes that have expired (were above market value). These data can be used to come up with a high, average, and low selling price..you will then have an idea what that particular home might be worth. In today's market, the CMA must be only 3 months old..no older.
Web Reference:  http://www.doreneslavitz.com
Emmie Hester, Home Buyer, Denver, CO
Thu Aug 7, 2008
go to zillow.com and enter the address. you can then opt for more information about the home, which will include the last known sales amount and date of sale.