Am I, the seller resposible for the $395 adminstration fee to my broker, when my house was foreclosed on in a short sale?

Asked by tooartistic4u, Baltimore, MD Wed Nov 14, 2012

Answers

2
Christopher…, Agent, Bloomington, MN
Thu Nov 15, 2012
It does not matter if your house is in a short sale situation. IF your short sale closes, and the agreement states that you owe a $395 admin fee, then you are responsible. However, what does the contract say?

Is it extremely lame that the listing agent would charge this fee? Of course it is, and you should have caught it at the listing appointment. the bottom line is have open communication with the listing agent and talk about this fee if it is a huge issue with you.

None of us can see the contract and know what is in it.
Elizabeth Fu…, Agent, Wayzata, MN
Wed Nov 14, 2012
I think you should read the listing contract, if you have one. I don't know how your state law works, but you should always have a written contract. In that contract, it should specify what the broker and/or his or her agent has agreed, what your responsibility is and what fees you will be liable for. Read the fine print!! Liz, 612-986-4105