Am I ready to buy a house? I'm 25, and would be co-buying it with my sister (also 25). We both make 2300 a month, have fair credit and no debt.

Asked by Nichole, Kenmore, WA Wed May 16, 2012

Answers

7
Darren A. Ta…, Agent, Kenmore, WA
Wed May 23, 2012
Hello Nicole, I would love to help you out in purchasing your first home. I have a ton of resources for your needs. Feel free to contact me at taylordarren1977@gmail.com
Mary Sunde, Agent, Bellevue, WA
Thu May 17, 2012
Nichole

Congrats on your decision. I agree your first stop is speaking with a loan officier and getting
a pre-approval for your purchase. After you find out how much you qualify for you can decide
what you would like to spend and depending on your needs and wants narrow down the type
of home you wish to purchase, single family, attached home or condominium. Choose a couple
of agents to interview as your buyer representative and discuss with them what services they
can provide in the search for your new home.

If you need a referral for a great lender I can help.

The youngest buyer I have helped was 18 and working at Safeway. He bought a home in
Kirkland and rented out rooms to his friends. A fantastic young man with a goal in mind.
Mary
Jirius Isaac, Agent, Kenmore, WA
Wed May 16, 2012
Nichole,

As long as you both feel like you have stable jobs & are going to remain in the are for a number of years, then yes, I think you are ready to buy a home. You will want to get pre approved & then go through some first time home buyers materials and/or take a class.

I live in Kenmore and am both a loan officer & a real estate broker & I would love to help you with either the loan pre-approval process, buying a home, or both. You can call me any time at 206-841-9976 & we can set up an appointment. If you want to email me directly, I can send you some reading materials first prior to getting together. This is what I usually do with first time buyers. You will want to Google anyone you are thinking about working with first & then maybe give us a call & ask us each why you should work with us & not someone else.

I hope to hear from you soon, Jirius Isaac
Phil Leng, Agent, Kirkland, WA
Wed May 16, 2012
Hi Nichole,
You are in a good place. Hop on to http://www.kirklandhomevalues.com We will help you qualify for a loan, provide you with all the properties available to see, meet with you to do a consultation and help you all the way to walking through the door of your first home.
Call me! 206-409-6600
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Wed May 16, 2012
Hi Nichole,
Congratulations on your decision. You will be very busy learning, preparing and doing all that is necessary in your first home purchase.
You will need two important professionals to assist you as you get started, a Broker to help you find, negotiate and walk you through all that you need to do and a lender to get you pre-approved and assist you with your loan. I've been both, but currently focus on buyers & seller's now. I have a handful of lenders I work closely with depending on what type of loan my buyer's need. I also have all my wholesale contacts so I can assist my buyer's in understanding what a good rate and program looks like.
I did a blog series a while back on home buying you may find helpful. I've attached a link to the first post below. If I can be of further assistance, hit the "contact me" button under my picture.
Tonya Brobeck, , Everett, WA
Wed May 16, 2012
Hi Nichole, I would love to help you. You sound like you could very well be on your way to buying your first home. Give me a call and I'll walk you through the Pre Approval:-)

425-268-1066
Dave Skow, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Seattle, WA
Wed May 16, 2012
Fair credit means what ? score wise ?

Do you both plan to live in home ...have you discussed plans as to if one of you wants to move and the other doesnt ? if not - you should

What down payment do you have saved up ?

what payment per month are you comfortable with ? any idea what price range coresponds to this payment amount ?

Seek out a loan officer and get these questions hammered out and possibly get a pre approval underway ( its easy and free ) :)

Dave Skow