Alternate to Irvine? Safe yet Cheaper?

Asked by Benjamin Ng, Singapore Tue Jan 8, 2013

Can anyone suggest other area for single family homes that is somewhat safe compared to Irvine but not at Irvine price? Looking for a gated community single family home that is brand new in the market.

Answers

11
Jamie Tian, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sun Feb 3, 2013
Hello Benjamin,

A couple of areas similar to Irvine include Lake Forest, Aliso Viejo, Missino Viejo, Tustin, and Anaheim Hills.

I would be happy to compile a list of single family homes in gated communities that fit your needs.

Please feel free to contact me anytime with questions or let me know of your specific home requirements so I can help you start your search!

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717-1321
JamieTian@RodeoRE.com
DRE #01920120
Web Reference:  http://www.JamieTian.com
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Wed Jan 9, 2013
Hello Benjamin,

If you likewould like something "CLOSE" to Irvine without the Irvine price try:

Tustin
Aliso Viejo

In my humble opinion both cities are very nice and you will not have to break the bank to buy in them.

Much Success to you!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Melchor, REA…, Agent, Orange, CA
Wed Jan 9, 2013
Hello Benjamin,

If you are looking for a "somewhat safe" city, the best thing for you to do is to contact the police department and get the crime statistics for the city of interest. Yes, there are many areas that do not have the Irvine price tag but the activity of crime is one to question.

If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me. I am here to help you.

Melchor Perez
REALTOR®
DRE# 01842907
714-401-8879
mperez@starsouthcounty.com
Star Real Estate South County
Cynthia Flem…, Agent, Laguna Niguel, CA
Tue Jan 8, 2013
For reasonable prices, I would recommend Aliso Viejo, but inventory is very low right now. I can send you what's available and anything new that comes on the market if you're interested. Email me at: cfleming@coldwellbanker.com. Thank you!
Liz Ryan, Agent, Irvine, CA
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Foothill Ranch would be your best bet. It is the closest , most affordable community to Irvine just on the other side of Portola Springs. It is a small, very family friendly community offering close proximity to Irvine, The Irvine Spectrum, The Great Park, The 241 toll Road and has easy access to Irvine from Irvine Blvd and Alton. The schools are top rated. It has many parks and trails. It is a lovely community offering condos to large single family homes. The association fees and mello roos are on the lower end which is a plus.

I would be happy to answer any questions or introduce you to the community of Foothill Ranch.

Please feel free to search all homes for sale in Foothill Ranch on my website:

http://www.lizryan4homes.com
Rob & Janet…, Agent, Ladera Ranch, CA
Tue Jan 8, 2013
We have seen quite a few families moving form Irvine to Ladera Ranch. Reason being is newer homes and the sense you get more for your money. Community amenities are a plus as well. Give us a call we would be happy to provide you a tour.

Rob Campbell
(949) 202-9741
http://www.TheBlackstoneTeam.com
Sheila Tucker, Agent, Irvine, CA
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Hello Benjamin,

I can show you your options of city's to consider. I have information that I can forward to you. Feel free to contact me by e mail or phone. There is no cost or obligation. I look forward to your reply.
Alex Vargas, Agent, Irvine, CA
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Morning Benjamin,

Thank you for contacting us here on Trulia. You have received great answers here, in addition to these here is my opinion.
I grew up in Irvine since 1979, and I work in Ladera Ranch. Here in Ladera Ranch, you get newer homes, very, very family and friendly oriented. Prices are lower, however you have Mello Roos and HOA's. Here is what you'll get, pristine parks, trails, pools, water parks for the kids, tennis courts, club houses, fantastic schools, etc.
Please take a moment to review my raving fans and reviews here on my profile.
If you need any additional information regarding any other City in South Orange County we can help.
Oh and by the way I have worked with several International clients as yourself.

Alex Vargas
Weichert Realtors
(714) 269-8775 Mobile

http://www.AlexSellsSoCal.Com

AlexVargas2009@gmail.com
Ingrid Ski R…, Agent, Mission Viejo, CA
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Hi Benjamin

Are you thinking of staying in central Orange County or towards the beach and south Orange County ?
Laguna Niguel, Rancho Margarita, Mission Viejo, Costa Mesa, Aliso Viejo, Tustin is still a good bet and can go to The Irvine schools. Contact me and we can see and go over these areas

Ingrid Ski Realtor
949-874-0432
OCAreaHomes@gmail.com
Lata Jobanpu…, Agent, Irvine, CA
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Benjamin,
Depending on the price and the size of the home, you have lot of options.
Call me @ 714-381-5425 or email me at latanj@gmail.com and we can discuss.
Deepak Chauh…, Agent, Irvine, CA
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Well if Gated Community is the bench mark for safety for you ... here is what I will suggest.

Try it for yourself; make a list of 25 gated communities of your choice. Go to any of their entrances in your car and follow any other resident who is driving in the gate ... there is your "safety" test result. Only personally manned gates/entrances make some sense for real Safety, all the rest is very theoretical.

Safety was part of the city design for Irvine ... Irvine is one of the first "designed" cities of US. Segregated sections of the neighborhood are one factor that discourages the strangers to take shortcuts through the city. Strangers are noticed in smaller communities easily; also whenever we have a misshapen in the neighborhood, we get quick police alerts via mass telephone broadcasts to warn people.

No community is crime free; people will barge into White House if the "home owner" is not alert. . There is a difference in the quality of a $5.00 and $150.00 wine bottle. When you buy a home, you also buy the neighborhood. Come-on stay in Irvine, you will love it here. May be Mister Rodger’s song will be more convincing.

It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor.
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?...
... Won't you please?
Please won't you be my neighbor?

Deepak
Realty ONE Group IRVINE
http://WWW.HousesInSoCal.com
949 748-9834