Airport Noise??

Asked by Marci Collet, 90272 Sun Feb 8, 2009

Thanks very much, the problem is I leave in L.A, Ca. Oh! Well! I really liked not only the house but the price, where do you leave in Atlanta without the noise???

Answers

4
S. Billings’ answer
S. Billings, Home Buyer, Pacific Palisades, CA
Mon May 3, 2010
Hi Marci,

As a Palisades resident and commercial pilot, I have to agree with Dan regarding the noise, and here’s why….

LAX traffic will range in altitude from 5,000 to 10,000ft. All other traffic will fly at or below 4,500ft. on the established VFR flyway. Given that some parts of the Palisades rise to an elevation of 2,800ft., this leaves only 1,700ft of altitude for traffic passing above and at that height, single engine aircraft, multi-engine aircraft and helicopters are still very loud!

Like Dan said, it’s best to check out the area for yourself and see if it’s what you’re looking for. I wouldn’t put too much faith in what all of these “agents” tell you because too often they are more interested in padding their own pockets than they are with telling you the truth!

Good luck!!
Jared Knickm…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Thu Apr 22, 2010
Hi Marci, I know you asked this question a couple months ago however... airplane noise in Pacific Palisades is not really a huge factor. I love aviation so when I even hear the slightest rumblings of a jet engine or prop I look towards the heavens. I have noticed that high above PP there is a lane in the sky which sets up inbound aircraft for the approach to LAX. Their altitude above PP is high enough that the sound from the engines will not stop you in your tracks or cause you to have to repeat your conversation to a friend. There are the occasional single engine propeller driven planes, eg. Cessna 182, that fly along the coast or above PP. They produce slightly louder sounds but again nothing that is deafening.

I hope this helps give you a better picture of the airplane situation. Happy to help out if you have any more questions.
Dan Chase, Home Buyer, Texas City, TX
Thu Apr 22, 2010
I live about 1/2 hour away from an airport. SOmetimes the planes fly over the house. When that happens you can not hear the tv. If an airport is handy expect loud flights at times.

It would be best to check out the area yourself and ask neighbors if they hear planes.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Mon Feb 9, 2009
Marci,

A real estate professional will best be able to help you find your perfect home, in your ideal location and at a price that meets your needs.

Contact an agent today.