bichc_99, Home Buyer in Northridge, CA

After signed off on the short sale approvals from the banks, please let me know what I, the buyer, have to expect to do more from the listing agent?

Asked by bichc_99, Northridge, CA Sun Nov 25, 2012

The selling agent knows how many loans the owner owes or not? Since my agent said she doesn't know about that; how to find out how many loans to get approval? This is the right time to get a loan, isn't it?

Answers

5
Susan J Penn,…, Agent, Weston, FL
Sun Mar 10, 2013
If you the buyer, signed off on the short sale approval letter, you now have an effective date and need to start on your inspections. The short sale letter has a closing time. Read the letter and look at your closing date. You should have already been pre-approved for a loan, as now you need to close on the loan.

Susan Penn, PA, SFR, CDPE http://about.me/HomesForSale_SusanJPennPA
EWM Realtors® | A HomeServices of America Company | An Affiliate of Berkshire Hathaway
2000 Main Street, Suite 103 | Weston, FL 33326
T: 954.306.7337 | C: 954.557.5993 | F: 954.515.0200 | penn.s@ewm.com | http://www.ewm.com
Sandra Sanna, Agent, Tarpon Springs, FL
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Your agent may not have the information at the time you asked, but should be able to find out for you.
He/She needs to communicate with listing agent.

Sandra Sanna
Coldwell Banker
727-439-4400
Tamika Moses, Agent, Pembroke Pines, FL
Sun Nov 25, 2012
Hello I agree,
Your agent should be able to answer all of these questions about the property and timeframes of how long it will take from start to finish. The listing agent, should have the info on how many liens and already have been in contact with the bank to initiate the short sale process.

Tamika Moses
Keller Williams Realty Partners SW
954-404-4646
tmrealtor@yahoo.com
Thanks very much for your reply. However, I don't know why my agent said that she does not know; if so can I contact to the listing agent to ask about what I expect to do from the listing agent?
Flag Sun Nov 25, 2012
Julie Rosent…, Agent, Jupiter, FL
Sun Nov 25, 2012
Hi, I agree with Danielle's answer to your question.
Danielle Sha…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sun Nov 25, 2012
Your agent should be able to answer all of your questions regarding timelines for inspections, deposits & obtaining a mortgage. If your agent may not know how many liens are against the property she should ask the list agent and/or check public records.