After listing all the upgrades i did in my house trulia devaluated 12500 from their original price listing .....?what?

Asked by Luissedalton, Las Vegas, NV Thu Jan 30, 2014

Answers

13
Robert Adams, Agent, Henderson, NV
Tue Feb 11, 2014
3rd party sites like Trulia often do not have accurate valuation of properties especially if the local market is appreciating or depreciating quickly. This is due to the fact that these sites are feed info from other sites. And depending on how long it takes to receive the feed recent sales might have closed and changed the value but has not been feed to Trulia yet, therefore Trulia still reflects the older valuation. For an accurate valuation of your property you should contact a local agent and have them prepare a free CMA (comparative market analysis) for you. This will give you a better idea as to what your home is worth. If you would like me to prepare a free CMA for you I would be happy to do so. Simply send me your properties info here: http://www.lvrealestatehelp.com/selling-real-estate.html I look forward to hearing from you. Best Regards,
Robert Adams
Dual Licensed Real Estate Broker NV#62827 MA#9530304

NV Broker & Team Leader of The Adams Team at Rothwell Gornt Companies
C:702-349-9175
O:702-932-8813
F:702-932-8826
RobertAdams@LVrealestateHELP.com
http://www.LVrealestateHELP.com
Myra Gouger, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Fri Jan 31, 2014
Please call a realtor for a free comparison of your home with others in the neighborhood. Here are things that make your valuation a little bit higher than those of the neighbors - upgraded kitchen, upgraded restrooms, landscaping. Paint, carpet, new tile might add a few $$ but not very much to an appraisal. In fact, if you have done these things and the rest of the neighborhood has not, your home will only be worth what the neighbor's homes are worth. Trulia and Zillow never get the valuations correct. They are usually too high or too low. Valuations are a dynamic thing. It depends on what a seller wants to take and what a buyer wants to give. Some sellers have to sell and move quickly. Those people are willing to accept a lower dollar amount in order to get out.

Interview several realtors. Most will come up with a similar number for your home. Don't hire the one with the highest valuation as that valuation might sound good, but you will waste a lot of time just reducing the price to get it down to where it should have started in the first place. Hire the one you think is the most likeable (to you) and most experienced.
Angela Adams, Agent, Henderson, NV
Thu Mar 20, 2014
Ask a Realtor to determine the actual value of your property. This will give you the most accurate estimate of it's value. Please contact me if you would like me to prepare this type of report for you.

Angela@LVrealestateHELP.com
Angela Brass…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Mar 19, 2014
Sites like Trulia are a great place to start when valuing your home, but don't take the place of an experienced agent. Be sure to hire an experienced listing agent. Ask lots of questions! Not sure what to ask? A simple search will give you more questions than you can imagine.

You can get a custom valuation through my site, below.

Angela Brasser
Broker/salesman
(702) 460-2515
Http://www.vegasrealtyvalues.com
Rena Levy, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Feb 5, 2014
Hi Luiss

Choosing to work with a professional licensed Realtor is important to
sellers and buyers. Part of the skills that we hold is creating accurate market analysis
to help sellers like you determine value including upgrades.

I would love to offer my services to you and offer you a FREE comparable market value for your house.
Please contact me at 702-612-7099 or email me at cvegashomes@gmail.com

You can also visit my website at http://www.cvegashomes.com or linkedin
http://www.linkedin.com/in/renalevy

Rena Levy
Global Broker/Associate
Realty Executives
702-612-7099 Cell
cvegashomes@gmail.com
Web Reference:  http://www.cvegashomes.com
Chad Roberts, Agent, Henderson, NV
Tue Feb 4, 2014
It is great you are proactive to check on your home value after performing upgrades to your property. It would be in your best interest avoid the Realtor website estimates for a value and contact a local professional to provide a comparable market analysis. After this has been completed, you can obtain a general idea of what your home is valued at, per the current market.

Chad Roberts
Broker/Salesperson
Realty One Group
Hank Lauzon, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Sat Feb 1, 2014
Hello and Welcome to the Wonderful World of Trulia..... You will find similar results with Zillow and the rest of the consumer sites.
For an accurate Comparable Market Analysis you should contact a Realtor.
We can give you up to date information on your home in your community.

Feel free to call or email me with any questions...
I would be glad to help you with your real estate needs..

May You Enjoy A Healthy and Prosperous New Year
Hank Lauzon III
Your Las Vegas Realtor
Signature Real Estate Group
9525 Hillwood Drive #120
Las Vegas, NV 89134

Cell 702-449-0899
Office 702-949-2409
Fax 702-543-6844

Web : http://HanksLVRealestate.com
Email: HankLVRealestate@aol.com
Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/HanksLasVegasRealEstate

Never look down on anybody...unless you're helping them up.
Steven Goldm…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Fri Jan 31, 2014
Good day Luis,
You received what you paid for.
Look at the previous comments. They are all right on the money. I wish i could like them all.

Values go up and down. Improvements are all subjective. A home owner should always improve to enjoy the improvement and not to consider a resale value. When you get ready to sell, the improvement is already old. The value is reduced from the day completed in most cases.

Many "improvements" a home owner does are not value increasing. Replacing a carpet, shower, bathtub, faucet, etc., are wonderful to increase sell - ability, and typically do nothing for value. Even replacing an entire kitchen may not improve value. It may help in getting it sold faster.

The next question is "Why care". If you are selling, the price the property sells for will be what a Buyer will pay. If the Buyer does not like the orange carpet you installed, the Buyer will not pay as much.
I sold a property that had a nautical theme. Portholes and all. It took a while, but the Buyer came in and loved the theme. It sold for 18% more than any valuation. The Buyer just had to have the property.

If the Buyer will pay less than you owe, I work with the Bank to accept what a Buyer will pay.

If you are not selling, The value does not matter.

If you are trying to lower payment amounts, there are many programs that allow you to refinance and lower your payment even if the value is less than you owe the bank.

I suggest you contact me or one of the Realtors in this thread to evaluate the property and look at your options for your financial future.

Before a home owner undertakes a remodel to increase value, the home owner should talk to a Realtor to determine if any value will be added.

I wish you well.

Try my new mobile ap for your phone.
Go to http://www.teamgoldman.org and save it to your home screen.

Please contact me immediately if you know a person that cannot make their mortgage payments. I will work with them to avoid foreclosure or bankruptcy at no charge or fees to them.

Realty One Group
The Brodkin Group
Steven Goldman, CRS
Broker Salesman
Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE)
Certified Default Advocate (CDAT)
Certified Short Sale Professional (CSP)
Certified Probate Real Estate Specialist (CPRES)
REO-BPO Certified
GRI, ABR, SRES, CNHS, PM, CCI
Las Vegas, NV 89135
Direct 702-242-1372
E-Mail: crssteven@teamgoldman.info
http://www.teamgoldman.info
Diann Tonnes…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Fri Jan 31, 2014
National sites like Trulia and Zillow should NOT be used to value a home. They are not true real estate sites - they were created solely to generate advertising revenue. They are not part of our National Association of Realtors, and they are not bound by any rules to keep their listings updated like local Realtors are. In their "valuations," they include all transfers of record, including divorce sales, transfers from one family member to another, foreclosure sales (where the home would be compared at the recorded foreclosure price), short sales, etc. The national sites can be WAY off, either high or low.

If you want an accurate estimate of value, you need to contact either an appraiser or an experienced local Realtor who will do an in depth analysis based on the upgrades your home has compared to other homes that have actually sold to a third party in an arm's length transaction. Feel free to give us a call and we will be glad to give you a much more accurate value for your home.

Hope this helps!

Diann Tonnesen
Prudential Americana Group Realtors
sold@GreatLasVegasHomes.com
702-985-7654

The Tonnesen Team - with over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Andrew Lunsf…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Fri Jan 31, 2014
I'm no armature. just customer service friendly. Top 10% in GLVAR!! My listings and sales numbers back up my expertise.
dawn lane, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Fri Jan 31, 2014
Websites like these are mostly for entertainment purposes . As a professional Realtor , I do a market analysis asked on many different criteria other than upgrades .However, because of my knowledge and expertise , I do not offer this service for free . If you want a professional analysis that you can use , then you have to pay for it. Or have an armature do it for free . You get out what you put in .
Andrew Lunsf…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Fri Jan 31, 2014
Easy answer. Free market analysis by REALTOR. A good one will take about 1 hour and a walk through of your home. No obligation to list your home with me just honest information.

Andrew Lunsford
Signature Real Estate Group
702-415-4819
Helene Moore, Agent, Henderson, NV
Thu Jan 30, 2014
Dear Homeowner,
Do not get discouraged . Trula is not used for realistic property values. The reason being is they take sold properties in a certain radius of your home that may include subdivisions where homes are of less value as yours. The same holds true if the home appears to be showing a much higher value.
The first option would be to hire at reputable appraiser in your area , of course there is a fee to be paid to do this research for you.
The second alternative, would be to contact a reputable real estate agent in your area . A professional agent will be able to research the sold homes in your neighborhood, along with homes under contract and currently on the market, Armed with all the current MLS data for your subdivision. the the agent should set up an appointment to preview your home take into consideration all the upgrades in your home and at that point discuss a range of value to sell your home.

I would love to assist in your home evaluation by offering a free market analysis of your home.

Enthusiastically,

Helene M Moore
Windermere Prestige Propeties
2200 Paseo Verde Parkway suite 160
Henderson Nevada 89052
cell phone 702-275-2192
helenem@windermere.com