After buying a new home, how much will it cost me to furnish the living room, dining, master bedroom and room?

Asked by Dan, Bakersfield, CA Fri Oct 10, 2008

I am planning to buy a new home. It has a fomal living room, formal dining room, a family room, kitchen with nook, master bedroom, 2 rooms, and a loft. How much will it cost (average) to furnish each part of the house? My budget is $20,000. Will that be enough?

Answers

3
Betina Forem…, Agent, Austin, TX
Sun Oct 12, 2008
Dear Dan,
The cost to furnish your new home is up to you. Do you have a champange taste or do you prefer the college dorm look? It is up to you. There is a store called "Rooms To Go" that has preselected room packages for about $2500-$3500. So for the cost of one serious piece of furniture you can get the whole room. Otherwise you could use a designer and have your home decorated to look like a showplace. It is ultimately up to you. What do you like?

Betina Foreman Realtor Austin Texas
Web Reference:  http://www.BetinaForeman.com
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Fri Oct 10, 2008
You could spend 20K on the living room or you could do the entire house for under 10K,

You can make this work with a budget of 20K. How you budget per room and allocate for extras will be based upon your priority. For example, one person might determine that they will rarely use the LR & DR and therefore, inexpensive furniture is the best option. Another person may determine that these formal rooms should have high quality furnishings from top manufacturers and recognized brands that carry a high price tag.

You can furnish your home for 20K. You will need to prioritize and allocate budgets accordingly.

Deborah Madey - Broker
Peninsula Realty Group - New Jersey
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Mon Oct 13, 2008
Hi Dan:

$20,000 will definitely work. Since you are cautious enough to ask this before you buy a house, my assumption is you are conservative and will look at your needs rather than go all way out to buy the most luxury furniture and overspent.

If you do not impulsive shop, and take the time to shop around, I know you can find quality furniture and accessories for under $20,000 and feel great about it.

There are many furniture sales at different times which you can take advantage of.

Good luck and enjoy your new home!

Sylvia Barry
Marin Realtor