Advice on purchasing a home through a FHA/MSHDA loan.

Asked by Andrei, Grand Rapids, MI Wed Sep 25, 2013

I am looking into starting the process of purchasing a home through a FHA/MSHDA loan. I do not have the most perfect credit but it is not terrible either I believe the only thing holding it back is $4000.00 left from my college loans that I am still paying on. I have been paying all bills on time to help my credit and have no credit card debt. I am looking for either some advice or someone to get into contact with me to help me with this process of figuring out what I need to do with my credit and how to go about applying for this specific loan option.

Answers

12
Brian Nguyen, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Mission Viejo, CA
Wed Feb 19, 2014
It should be fine that you have student loans left as long as you have been paying it off on time. Plenty of people get mortgages with previous debt like student or car loans. But what does your income and credit look like? Your ability to get a home does not just rely on your debt but on other factors as well. These factors include income, expenses, assets, liabilities, credit scores, down payment, and employment. If these are all in line then you will have a better chance at getting a loan. Either way, I strongly suggest that you speak with a lender like myself to help you get the loan that you need. Well I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me! Good Luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker NMLS # 659743 Phone: 949.667.2887 brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
Rob Stogsdill, Agent, Grand Rapids, MI
Sat Oct 26, 2013
Andrei, Give me a call or email me. I have a couple lenders I work with that may just be a perfect fit for you. 616-389-5077 or homes4u@grar.com. Look forward to hearing from you.

Rob Stogsdill
REMAX SunQuest
Karl Roelofs, , Grand Rapids, MI
Sat Oct 26, 2013
Please contact me at 616 308 2631, or kroelofs@grar.com. I have a lender waiting and willing to help you!!

I cannot help you until you contact me.

Thanks!!

Karl Coldwell Banker AJS Schmidt
Karl Roelofs, , Grand Rapids, MI
Thu Sep 26, 2013
I have an excellent mortgage company located right next to my office. Please call me at 616 308 2631.

Thanks!!

Karl 616 308 2631
Dale Rogers, Agent, Ada, MI
Wed Sep 25, 2013
Hello Andrei,
Please give me a call at (616)915-6327. I would be happy to help you find a qualified lender to walk you through the process.
Mark O`Gorman, Agent, Grand Rapids, MI
Wed Sep 25, 2013
Andrei
Excellent question, FHA and MSHDA have good programs for today’s home buyers.
The best step you can take right now is to contact a reputable Mortgage Lender to help
you establish the Mortgage amount that you would qualify for in your current financial plan.

If yo would like names of a few Banks and Lenders that work with FHA and MSHDA programs
I will be happy to supply them to you, feel free to contact me at 616-974-6212 Mark O’Gorman at Greenridge Realty or email me at mogorman@greenridge.com

Either way be happy to assist

Mark
Rob Stogsdill, Agent, Grand Rapids, MI
Wed Sep 25, 2013
Andrei, give me a call. I have a couple lenders that are great to work with and depending on where you want to live there could be other options.
Rob
Are you thinking Rural Development? That is zero down payment. I have that in the arsenal.
Flag Wed Sep 25, 2013
Lender - Andy…, , 48070
Wed Sep 25, 2013
Please give me a call if you want to discuss FHA/MSHDA. MSHDA is a Michigan bond prgram that will assist home buyers with there down payment. I am certified to do this type of lending. I can also look at your credit to guide you to home ownership. If you want to apply online I will return your call. The on-line application provides me with the information needed to run your credit. However, I will not do that until we speak and I have your authorization. Visit: http://andy.applyatmysite.com
Respectfully - Andy NMLS 771038. My office number is 586-416-5750 Ext 2107.
Keith King, Agent, Grand Rapids, MI
Wed Sep 25, 2013
Hello Andrei,
I have worked with Chris Slating at Mortgage One several times using this loan program. Please call her at 616.575.9819, it is worth the call.
Brek Schutten, Agent, Grand Rapids, MI
Wed Sep 25, 2013
Give me a call (616) 780-4725 or send me an email (bschutten@grar.com) and I'd be happy to put you in contact with a good lender for your situation as well as help you find the right home for you.
Web Reference:  http://www.BrekSchutten.com
J. Mike Vand…, Agent, Grand Rapids, MI
Wed Sep 25, 2013
I would be happy do discuss that with you. Feel free to call me anytime 616-821-5323.
Robert Grond…, Agent, Belmont, MI
Wed Sep 25, 2013
Andrel - Hi, this is Bob, give me a call at 616 2917 302 and we can go over all this okay!