Advice on offer backout: 212 Gable Dr, Fremont Warm Spring. As-is, major repairs, permit violations.

Asked by Homebuyer1, Fremont, CA Wed Apr 2, 2008

What is typical cost of roof, windows, drywall repairs? Since there are lot of better property choices in Warm Springs area, would appreciate some advice.

Answers

3
Techrover, Home Buyer, SF Bay Area
Fri Apr 4, 2008
I am not a realtor - just a regular knowledgeable buyer and I have been watching the Fremont Warm Springs and Mission market for some time now(about 2 years) to get into good deals. Most of Warm Springs home comparable to the property you mention are listed in the range of 675-750K initially and then drop about 25-50K depending on the market. Even in the height of seller's market the prices were in this range(comparables); just that the houses may sell fast. Having said that; more properties are coming/expected on the market due to school season, pending recession fears and economic woes. I have observed that better properties on market are coming and staying longer giving the buyers a fair selection choice - for those who want the best value for their buck. I agree with other realtor pros that you have to compare the net cost of getting into a house after fixes/repairs and not the initial cost because when you want to sell the house back - that is what you are looking at. I myself have checked the other properties in Warm Spring and feel there is a much more value in some of them. Compare your net cost to bring this property to level with what another buyer may readily buy and see what else you have in the market for that price because then you are not spending your time and effort in the upgrades. You can always back out from an offer if you feel uncomfortable in given circumstances(looking at near term outlook) - because no one can predict the future outlook.
Andrea Davis, , Fremont, CA
Wed Apr 2, 2008
Dear Homebuyer - It's time that your bring in a Real Estate agent to help you identify properties which are the right fit. Many discounted homes which need work are excellent opportunities for families to achieve their goals, but some homes can create additional burdens on a budget which is balancing a mortgage and month to month needs.\

A realtor will help you uncover cost vs. value and help you identify many of the questions .
Rather then seeking an online answer for the cost of specific repairs - why not scout out someone who call help you answer all your questions and even offer information for things you haven't thought of. Good Luck. Andrea Davis (925) 824-4801
Web Reference:  http://www.aDreamRealtor.com
Ken Vasan, Agent, Fremonet, CA
Wed Apr 2, 2008
You should work with a real estate professionsl who will take care of your interest and walk you through all this in the process of home buying. It is hard for any one to speculate cost as it involves numerous variables.