According to the listing there maybe zoning changes?

Asked by cmn1967, Cape Coral, FL Sat Jul 20, 2013

1515 Hancock Bridge Pkwy, Cape Coral, FL 33990. I checked on the Cape Coral City website to see about the zoning on this and i am not finding anything about any possible zoning change for this home, Does that mean it will remain residential? I know the place needs updating but it also says repairs, Was wondering what type of repairs are needed. Any info would be great thanks!

Answers

10
Terry McCarl…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Mon Jul 29, 2013
Just wanted to give you an update and let you know that 1515 Hancock Bridge Pkwy just came back on the market. The listing price is now $62,000 but the buyer must be a cash buyer.
Adolfo "A.D."…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Mon Jul 29, 2013
Our city is seeing growth in the new construction realm and many zoning changes on frontage properties use the property to its highest and best use. If you decide to use the property as residential you can is you ever decide to change the use of the property down the road, you would be able to file for a zoning change. If you would like to detailed estimate of repairs and updates needed feel free to email me.

Adolfo "A.D." Diaz
ISellFlorida@ymail.com
239-872-7936
Terry McCarl…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Mon Jul 22, 2013
There are other homes available that based on what you have said here online would work for you. Email me at leecountyrealtor@earthlink.net if you would like for me to send you a link to them. Not all listings appear on Trulia.
cmn1967, Home Buyer, Cape Coral, FL
Sun Jul 21, 2013
I understand that on a resell level and i probably should have read the description a little better since it does say "Investor", But my main goal is to buy a place at a great price that i can have paid off before i retire.
I just want a place to call home and settle down at the cheapest price i can get and that i can pay off before i retire so when i do retire i am still not making mortgage payments.
As long as i am able to move in and live in the house with the bones and mechanics in great working order i am ok with having to deal with updates and cosmetic fixes over time. Not every house in this price range is a totally gut job or dump, Its just harder to find now.
Rent eats up so much of my pay and i want that back in my pocket not my landlords.
I totally understand that owning a house comes at a price, that something major may happen and can be costly repairs and not to mention taxes and just basic upkeep on the house but that money is still for me and not someone allowing me to live in their place and continues to raise the rent every year for their "cost of living" increase as i was told! So as i get a raise at work that goes straight to my landlord. So i basically never really see my raise from work.
My mortgage payment would be cheaper then what my rent is now. It allows my raises from my work to stay with me and use towards updates and fixes on MY home.
Hopefully i can reach my goal, but i know as each day passes the prices increase and reduce my chances.
Terry McCarl…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sun Jul 21, 2013
You can access our multiple listing service and see ALL listings regardless of what office or agent listed the property by visiting http://www.leecountyrealtor.listingbook.com
Danielle Sha…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sun Jul 21, 2013
Always consider resale. Busy roads affect value & desirability. So even if it does not bother you a large percentage of the buyer pool feels opposite.
cmn1967, Home Buyer, Cape Coral, FL
Sun Jul 21, 2013
The busy road does not bother me, Rented for years on that street before and never had a problem with it. But with it being a cash offer and the possible zoning changes it does me no good anyway. Back to the drawing board.
Terry McCarl…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sun Jul 21, 2013
You have been given great answers and I must say I agree with Danielle regarding why you would want to purchase a home on such a busy road.
Sarah Garrett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Sat Jul 20, 2013
This property is currently zoned R1-D and has a large enough lot to become multi-family if zoning changes. There could also be a commercial zoning qualification coming. If that happens then you will only be able to put certain types of business' there. The City of Cape Coral should be the final say before you make your purchase decision. For investment purposes this is an excellent price for the value and location. It could be a good rental property until changes are made. The land alone is probably worth the price now. A commercial zoning would make it even more value.
This home looks like it needs painting inside and out. It appears repairs were made to the ceiling in the garage. I have given you the listing information link below. If you need my assistance in further research or preparing an offer please call or email. For more properties like this one that update daily go to http://www.swfloridahomebuyer.listingbook.com. Thank you for the question.
Sarah Garrett, Realtor
ALLIANCE REALTY GROUP
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2013" by Gulfshore Life Magazine
239-464-8620
sarahgarrett@argfl.com
Link to Listing:
Thank you for the info! Really good price, painting and some fixing up does not bother me but not looking for something that maybe complicated in time due to zoning. I just want to live in peace lol. Thanks again for the info.
Flag Sat Jul 20, 2013
Danielle Sha…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sat Jul 20, 2013
For zoning changes it's always better to verify directly with the city. Any reason why you would want to purchase a property on such a busy stretch of road?

I know you have been looking into financing (previous questions asked on here) - this home is in bad enough condition they are only accepting cash offers.

If you're ready to find something I would love to talk with you about a few things to keep an eye out for once your search gets underway.
Thanks for the quick response! You are right, My last postings were about financing. Actually still looking to do so.
I had put buying on hold to pay off some credit cards and get a higher score. Been doing great. I have a few more to lower to a reasonable % and then continue to pay off but i have increased my score quite a bit. I believe i was around the 640-660 range, I am now up to 706-711. So not bad, In the mean time been still keeping my eye on properties and prices.
I am just trying to make sure i can get a really good rate and making sure my debt to income ratio is spot on for a good loan. Not quite sure when a good time to try and apply again since i did last year many times and then April and May of this year so i have way to many credit pulls right now. I wasted so many credit pulls on what amounted to bad rates. I have been working hard on my score increasing i am scared to screw it up or be declined due to it.
Flag Sat Jul 20, 2013