According to my lender, 1 of my 3 credit scores is not showing up during their 2nd soft credit pull. Is that possible?

Asked by An262131, Los Angeles, CA Tue Apr 15, 2014

The lender is now raising the interest rate and fee right before closing. I was able to pull my own score and report with no problem. Has anyone heard of this? what gives?

Answers

2
Bradley Neum…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Franklin, TN
Thu May 1, 2014
In mortgages we need a hard credit to give you the loan. Sounds like this loan officer might now know what he is doing.

For mortgage help, call (855) 893-1177 or email for a free pre-approval in less than 10 minutes. We lend our own money and are licensed in 49 states and you can apply online at http://www.myccmortgage.com. We can do: FHA, Conventional, USDA, VA, HARP, Interest Only, Home Equity, Fixed, and Variable. Find out which product is right for you by calling Brad at (855) 893-1177.

Brad Neumann
Branch Manager
Crosscountry Mortgage Inc.
Phone: (855) 893-1177
Email: bneumann@myccmortgage.com
NMLS# 948036
RonS, , Concord, CA
Wed Apr 16, 2014
It would appear, based on what you are saying that one of the bureaus isn't reporting.

Contrary to what one poster said on your question, it's not what anyone is bound by law to let you know that is the issue. The issue as I read it is WHY you only have two scores showing and not three. There is no law that there are three scores. The 3 bureaus, Transunion, Equifax and Experian report scores but, not all lenders or creditors report to all 3 bureaus.

Also, any score you pull from sites like myfico.com are not the same type of reports that lenders/creditors use. We use typically, RMCR's (Residential Mortgage Credit Report). The scores you pull use different formulas and logic and algorythm than the creditors use. Some of your creditors aren't reporting to all three bureaus, and are not required by law to do so. That's why you may only have two scores.

The typical underwriting guideline is to use the middle score of three scores or the lower of two scores. They are required by law to disclose the score used. You have the option of not proceeding with the loan. If it's a refinance, you can change your mind within 72 hours after you close. If they raised your rate, they have to redisclose to you.
Also, when I checked my report from the bureau they claimed that did not issue a score, it shows a record that they made an inquiry to pull a credit report. So they did pull one for sure, but they said they didn't get a score.

Is that possible? or are they just wanting to use my lowest score to justify a higher interest rate?
Flag Wed Apr 16, 2014
Thanks for the reply. When I got a pre-approval from my loan broker, they pulled my credit and got 3 scores. Would what my loan broker pulled be different than the lender's?

Just so I understand you correctly, by "Some of your creditors aren't reporting to all three bureaus", do you mean that I don't have a 3 score because my creditors (credit car, car loan etc) aren't reporting them to the 3rd bureaus?

I'm able to get 3 scores and report myself, granted those scores are not the same as the ones the lenders use. But I do have a record and database with all 3 bureaus if that's what you are asking. My loan broker was able to pull 3 scores for me and I assume they use the same or similar system as the lender's.

Again, thanks for the response. Just really want to figure out whats going on. I tried contacting Experian but there is basically no way to get anyone on the phone.
Flag Wed Apr 16, 2014