About to buy a new house in Southeastern CT & looking for realtor willing to rebate 50% based on reduced workload: no need for showings, comps, plans.

Asked by Buyer555, 06320 Wed Mar 6, 2013

If interested, please e-mail me at buyerfivefivefive@yahoo.com

Answers

9
Russ Ravary, Agent, Commerce Township, MI
Thu Mar 7, 2013
There will be a realtor that will do that for you I am sure. If you can't find it here call a local real estate company
David Carr, Agent, North Haven, CT
Thu Mar 7, 2013
I guess you could find some looser who does not value themselves or their quality of services somewhere, but not in my office. I earn my living by sharing my experience, integrity and market perspective with you. You ought to buy a FSBO, then the two of you can both save big together..
Anne Astley, Agent, Old Lyme, CT
Thu Mar 7, 2013
Amanda is correct, seller pays commission not the buyer - if you are expecting the agent to rebate 50% of the commission they receive from the transaction then you may be waiting a long time to find a realtor willing to do that.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Thu Mar 7, 2013
In my opinion, this scenario would be similar to the hound going after a porcupine......from a distance, it appears very appealing and an easy target.....it isn't until after you have a taste that one appreciates the reality of the situation.
Lori Hopkins…, Agent, New London, CT
Tue Apr 9, 2013
An agent may be able to lower their commission to the seller and the seller can reduce the price of the property or make a contribution to the buyer but it is not legal, in my opinion, for an agent to rebate cash to a buyer. Only licensed agents can receive a commission.
Quincy Clayt…, , Niantic, CT
Sun Mar 10, 2013
Are you a cash buyer, closing in 5 - 10 days, without inspections intending to use no more than 2 hour of the REALTOR's time for the entire transaction? I've made concessions to my investor clients with scenarios like I've described above...they have MANY homes with me and rarely if at all, did home inspections and would generally look at 2 or 3 homes, then buy with cash and close in a week. Let me know if you fit that criteria otherwise, I can show you other ways to SAVE in the transaction!
Web Reference:  http://ClaytonRossi.com
Amanda Albert, Agent, Woodbridge, CT
Thu Mar 7, 2013
Also want to add that there is so much more that what you are stating that a Realtor does for you. He has to deal with home inspections, negotiating the contract, etc. Basically getting you from point A to closing is more than just showing you a few properties. AND....you don't have to pay for it.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Mar 7, 2013
Since the seller pays commission, why would one expect 50% of the agent's earned fees; to consider: if asked, how willing and how quickly, would you give away 50% of your paycheck
Amanda Albert, Agent, Woodbridge, CT
Thu Mar 7, 2013
The seller pays the commission, not the buyer, so you should not concern yourself with the Realtors commission.
Good luck! I have learned that the foreclosed and short sale homes that appear to be bargains for the buyers, even cash buyers, take a huge amount of time to get to the closing table - ten times more time than a normal sale at least. I have never had a reputable investor or buyer make this request and if one did, It would be a red flag to me and my sense of doing business ethically. The sellers (many times banks) pay the commissions on short sales and foreclosures. I am not willing to have clients in my portfolio that are that lacking in knowledge and ethics of doing business.
Flag Sat Jan 25, 2014