Abandon TLC home and how to find out who is the owner???

Asked by Vi, Upper Darby, PA Mon Jul 28, 2008

Hi Everyone,

I was going to buy a TLC home in Upper Darby, PA a year ago as an investment property. The property is about 2 blocks from Upper Darby Township building. But some flipper out bid me. He purchased the house at 106K, while the asking price was 89K.

My brother and I drove by the house this past weekend and notice the lockbox is since on the door. Look like they done some improvement but there still a lot of work needed to be done. I ask his neighbor next door, she said they haven’t done any renovation for the past 6 months. The property is just sitting there.

I am still very interested in the property. Is there anyway I can find out who the owner? Can I just call him up and ask him is he interested in selling the property? If anyone have some type of similar experiences, please share your story.

thanks,

Vi

Answers

4
D. Derderian, Agent, West Chester, PA
Sun Aug 3, 2008
Sounds like you are avid in the real estate market. I would like to offer to you my services, please feel free to contact me with any needs you may have.
____________…, Home Buyer, Texas
Tue Jul 29, 2008
If you email me or message me with the address of the property, I will be happy to tell you who the owners are and whether or not the property is for sale.

I AM NOT A REALTOR, SO THERE IS NO OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER (i.e. no pestering follow up emails, fishing, etc.)
Chris & Step…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Mon Jul 28, 2008
Would contact your local realtor who can pull the info up on the tax records or you can search the county tax records. Not too difficult to find out.

For more helpful hints and to search other REO or bank owned properties, please visit our site below.
Web Reference:  http://www.thesomersteam.com
Jeff and Gin…, Agent, Vero Beach, FL
Mon Jul 28, 2008
Of course, call the owner to determine if he/she has any interest in selling. If there is a lockbox on the door, it could be a clue that the property is "for sale" or could be as a convenience for the owner when tradespeople are scheduled to complete any renovation or repair work. The owner may be glad to consider your offer if indeed he/she has stopped renovations. Perhaps the idea was to make improvements and flip the property but now that the market has softened, the plans are delayed. There is no harm in asking if the owner would like to sell.

Contact the tax assessor's office for the name of the owner. Many times, this information is available on the assessors website as well. It could be as simple as typing in the address of the property to find the name and mailing address for the owner. Good luck.