Patski107, Home Owner in Brownsburg, IN

A listing shows DOM are 4 but I know it was listed with another agent before.

Asked by Patski107, Brownsburg, IN Sun Sep 16, 2012

How can a person find out how many days TOTAL a property has been on the market?

Answers

7
Find a good realtor to give you the property's history. They or I can do an MLS search and find out a lot about it. Give me a call if you would like any help, I specialize in the Sun City Center area and would be happy to help.

Sharon Van Loan
Keller Williams Realty Southshore
813-765-0845
svl428@aol.com
Thanks. Keeping my eyes open for friends. They aren't quite ready for an agent, just doing a little preliminary looking.
Knowing how long a house has been on the market helps when negotiating the price. The house I bought was listed on 5-27-2011 at $169,000 they changed the price on 8-26-2011 from $154,000 to $145,000 and I offered them $130,000 in Jan 2012 and they accepted. I doubt they would have been willing to negotiate that much if it had only been on the market a month.
So there is no place on the internet for someone to find out the listing history of a house, only a realtor can do that?
In our area the 4 DOM would be the same. However, your Realto® can probably research the history of the lising if that makes you feel better. Bill, Larry & others below are all correct.
The number of days on the market is a vastly over rated buyer criteria. As long as the property meets your needs, the price is right, and you have the opportunity to conduct appropriate inspections....the number of days on the market is noteworthy but nonessential.

The listing agent may be able to provide you with some insight on this information.

Ask your agent to let you know they can see the history of how long it's been on the market. To some degree the DOM means less than many buyers think it does. It's helpful for possibly giving you some insight in the the psychology of the negotiation that you might enter into with the Seller and the longer it's been on the market the more confidant you can be that it wasn't priced right to begin with.
also the important thing to consider is how long a property had been on the market at the current price. A house may have many days on the market at a higher price so once it gets reduced it may then attract multiple offers. If you're looking at a Short Sale, anything could be going on and if there are more than 15 days on the market then it's possible the seller is not signing any offers.
Your Realtor can give you this info.

You absolutely want to find a Realtor to assist you...otherwise you will miss the very best deals. Some asset managers will accept an offer the first day it is listed so you need an attentive Realtor.

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com