Candy, Home Owner in Detroit, MI

A home on my block is being sold by real estate company. Grass is waist high. Realtor promised to cut, but never came. Should we call the city?

Asked by Candy, Detroit, MI Fri May 24, 2013

Answers

4
I agree with Mr. Abrams.Shoot me address. I volunteer for a group that holds absentee owners accountable. we send letters to owners and get there cooperation and work with the city "directly" to issue blight violations if not handled timely.Detroit Vacant Property Coalition
I agree with Suzanne, disagree with Toriano, you have no right to cut grass on a neighbor's property. Helping out is a nice thought but not the right answer in this situation. That would be trespassing and you could be held accountable if something goes wrong. I would try the Realtor again, ask for a date, then call the city if it isn't done as promised.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
Web Reference: http://jamessimms.com/
No. If you are concerned about your block,maybe you should try to cut it.It is hard out here for us all. If we can't help each other instead of trying to hurt each other,we will never get anywhere.
Do you know if the home is a short sale? If so, then you need to try to call the bank. It's really not the realtor's responsibility to cut the grass, that is the job of the owner and/or the mortgage company that holds the loan. Banks generally have property maintenance companies that do this work for them but they are very slow. Call the realtor again and ask her to please have the owner take care of this, let her know that, if something is not done by a certain date, you will have no alternative but to call the city. See if that works first.