A canadian citizen, who is currently h1b visa holder and resides in San Diego. Is looking to buy a home.?

Asked by Matineh2001, San Diego, CA Sat Sep 22, 2012

Hi, this is my question: a Canadian citizen, who has an excellent credit history in Canada for the past 10 years , has just moved to San Diego 5 months ago, and is h1b visa holder. He has a permanent, high paid job here in San Diego, and is looking for a home loan with a minimum down payment, preferably 5 percent down payment. Any information or suggestion? Thank you.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Julie Beach, , San Diego, CA
Sun Sep 30, 2012
Yes, there are a few lenders that deal with foriegn nationals. Also, this person may not necessarily need an SSN. I would be glad to email you the list of loan parameters directly from a local lender. Feel free to contact me.
0 votes
Brian Kiczula, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Tue Sep 25, 2012
Yes he can get a loan. He will need a signed contract or a one months paystubs to document his income. He might need to take a FHA loan becuase of the limited US credit but I would run the file on DU first to see if you will get an approval. If I can help let me know... Brian 619.203.5938
0 votes
John Georges, Agent, San Diego, CA
Sat Sep 22, 2012

The most important aspect of your question rests on what type of financing you will obtain. My pleasure to assist you. I have worked extensively with Canadians for many years and am happy to offer you a few options. On a side note half my family still hold Canadian citizenship and also own homes here in San Diego. I am a direct lender. Call me any time to discuss your options.

John Georges
Branch Manager
Axia Home loans

888-619-4858, ext. 12
0 votes
BXT AXT, Agent, San Diego, CA
Sat Sep 22, 2012
I can assist with the home but the first thing to do is contact a good loan officer. I recommend calling Joe Gistaro (858-945-5500) he has been in the business for around 20 years.
0 votes
Nenita Tee, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sat Sep 22, 2012
If Mr. Canadian will contact me, I have lender in San Diego. He can send me his email and I will forward it to the lender who does all my buyers loan. tsysells@rocketmail.com
0 votes
Michael Alex, Agent, San Diego, CA
Sat Sep 22, 2012
Hello Matineh,

I would recommend to work with a realtor. Feel free to contact me if you need excellent assistance. I do work with the best lenders, ranked at the top in the United States.We are all trustworthy and hardworking with ultimate customer service. You can go as low as 3.5 percent down FHA loan and 5 percent down with a conventional loan.


Michael Alex
Real Estate Consultant
cell. 619.581.9348
email. AskMichaelAlex@gmail.com
Pacific Sotheby’s International Realty
San Diego, CA
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more