A broker at the real estate office said that business is really taking off. Is there any way to confirm this? as there seems to be a lot of listings

Asked by Alfred, Springfield, IL Sun Jun 16, 2013

Answers

2
Alfred, Home Owner, Springfield, IL
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Thank you for your response.

I have been focused mainly on kiawah island. I hate to admit it, but I am very confused now and I am not sure what really is a sales pitch and what is the truth anymore. I think that 39 months of inventory contradicts what I was told by the real estate company there.

My dad always told that numbers don't lie, so I really need to step back. They did give us some brochures that said business is booming and they are selling more than last year, so that appears to be good news. But the number of homes being for sale doesn't add up based on what we were led to beleive.

I guess that I have to sift through all of the hype myself and figure out what is going on. Where I live it seems to be much easier to get a straight answer -- gotta love the midwest!

Maybe I just need to buy some higher hip waders for the east coast!!!
Hey Alfred. I would be happy to discuss this with you. I am a licensed real estate agent in North and South Carolina. I live and work primarily in the Charlotte, NC market place. Last June I purchased a 2nd home on Kiawah and this was after looking for 2 years. What has happened on Kiawah is much the same as it is happening around the US right now. What we have are biforcated markets. The good stuff is gone. New listings that are priced correctly are getting snatched up with multiple offers and going above list price in many cases. Shoot me an email and I can explain more from a real estate agent perspective who also purchased as an investor/second home. jason@gentry-living.com
Flag Tue Jul 9, 2013
Mikki Ramey, Agent, Daniel Island, SC
Sun Jun 16, 2013
The market is really picking up in the Charleston area. The resort areas have been slower to pick up. There is about 39 months of inventory. Are you looking in other areas other than Kiawah such as Sullivans, Isle of Palms, or Wild Dunes?