ADENDEM in regards to the deck being in the listing then the builder says no deck. I only have a few lines available to use.

Asked by redcherokeesquaw, Suffolk, VA Mon Dec 17, 2012

I have signed a contract for this house. it is a new build. the builder couldn;t suppy us a spec sheet and we were told by his agent to use trulia, zillow or kellam real estate for what was included. our agent wrote on our contract the visible inside area that needed redone, ie the hardwood floors were buckled throuout the house, ect. since the house is still being built we did not write on the contract about the missing deck because we thought according to all the internet sites stating there would be a deck we didn't have to add that on the contract. it is close to closing and we again asked for a spec sheet and are told there is no spec sheet. do we fight this or not.

Answers

3
Mark Edwards, Agent, Suffolk, VA
Tue Dec 18, 2012
It is customary in our new home transactions to have a building specifications addendum and we often reference the REIN listing if it is a "speculative" home. All custom builds have specs sheets in contracts to buld in our new home sites. I cannot give you advice, your agent and/or real estate attorney should here.
Roland Vinya…, Agent, Sprakers, NY
Mon Dec 17, 2012
Follow Ron's advice tomorrow morning.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Mon Dec 17, 2012
You don't need a Realtor.
You don't need Trulia or Zillow.
You need a LAWYER!