Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Agent2Agent in Holmdel : Real Estate Advice

  • All57
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying20
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 10
Thu Jul 14, 2016
Tahsln Carikci answered:
check Ny State link
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 12, 2015
aimee boutcher asked:
Tue Nov 11, 2014
Ronald Shaffery answered:
It will be easier to get a salesperson license. In NJ , unless you are a veteran you will need 3 years experience as an agent before you can get a Broker's license.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu May 1, 2014
Byron Hebert answered:
Good idea would be to follow the same process you did in MA in NY. If they offer reciprocal licenses that would have been thought in class.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Nov 22, 2013
Josh Barnett answered:
Mon Nov 18, 2013
Samantha Stone answered:
Same here Keith, I held New York License for years. After moving to Jersey I felt funny having to go back to school for what I had been doing for so long. However, there was no other way. It was a great refresher for me. Its amazing the things we miss on the first round. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 20, 2013
John Sacktig answered:
I have both NY & NJ Licenses- NY schooling is less hours than NJ.. As I can tell, not exactly sure you will probably need to take more course hours to get your NJ license and you will have to take the NJ test and pass it.

So, the classes are going to cost you and the licensing in NJ. I found that my schooling in NJ was double that of NY and all I needed to do was get verification from NJ RE commission, then submit that to NY State and then I had to take and pass the N License test.

Most of this information regarding reciprocal licenses within states is available online.
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Feb 15, 2013
Hena Martin answered:
Call the board to where you are re-locating get the answer directly instead of asking random people.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 14, 2013
Thomas Connors answered:
Your NJ license is a separate one from NY. You will need to take the NJ required license class and test. Then take State exam. NJ requires continued education class every 2 years for a total of 12 credits. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Agent2Agent in Holmdel Zip Codes