Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in Hollywood : Real Estate Advice

  • All412
  • Local Info33
  • Home Buying82
  • Home Selling7
  • Market Conditions14

Activity 25
Thu Apr 20, 2017
Gregg Pomeroy answered:
Hello, I'm a mortgage professional.

We have loan options with that credit score.

If you have any questions or would like help with this you are welcome to get in touch with me.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 21, 2016
Atxaviermartin answered:
If you are a veteran or the spouse of a veteran, then VA Loans, would be a better option compared to FHA loans, as you don't need to pay any down payment.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 28, 2016
perfectrenterpdx asked:
I work 80 miles/ ~1hr40min-2hrs from the property. For the last two years I have rented my family home in another town similarly distant and spent my four day work week renting a couch…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu May 26, 2016
Lexie asked:
owner financing deal does the buyer needs good credit or what is the percentage required?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 30, 2015
Melvin List answered:
You need a lender to just look at one year tax returns instead of both years. I would run your approval through Freddie to see if the you can get an approval with just one year of tax returns.

Thank you,
Melvin List
Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator, NMLS# 243087
American Mortgage Services CO NMLS# 259805
Cell: 813.629.5478
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 17, 2015
Brian Martucci answered:
I can help you. When averaging your income here are a few things to consider:

1. You need to have actually filed your 2014 tax return to be able to use that income to average it with 2013's income.

2. if your 2014 income is higher than 2013, then they will average both years together.
If your 2014 income is lower than 2013, some lenders will use the lower year and not average 2 years of income, and some lenders will still average both years income even if 2014 is lower than 2013.

3. There'll also be some variance on the rules depending on what type of financing you plan to use, FHA, VA or conventional.

Let me know if you have any other questions, or feel free to contact me directly.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 29, 2014
Ralph Acosta answered:
I have a trusted lender that can do virtually any loan imaginable. Contact me and I can share that info with you
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 22, 2014
gmais2017 answered:
Hi Armando,

I've been in the lending industry for 11 years. We're a direct lender that's local here in Hollywood and would be glad to help!

Call me to discuss at 305-986-8022 or email me anytime at

We also have a number of incentives for local clients that I'd love to discuss with you!
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 1, 2013
Tchaka Owen answered:
There's nothing wrong with Hard Money, they fit certain situations very well. Not sure you're in that situation though. If you have assets and income you should not have a problem getting a mortgage as a foreign national. A number of US banks offer them. I also suggest you see if RBC will do it (here they've been gobbled by PNC Bank).

Good luck!

Tchaka Owen
Keller Williams Realty Professionals
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 15, 2013
Norma Hernandez-More answered:
Hi Kara:

A public adjuster is an insurance claims adjuster who advocates for the policyholder in appraising and negotiating a claimant's insurance claim. Just be careful because they do tend to write a high estimate for repairs since they get paid based on the estimate they write for you.


Norma Hernandez-More
Real Living-First Service Realty
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon May 6, 2013
William Polack answered:
I'd rather do the loan for $69,000. As Mr. Owen pointed out, the loan would be too small. Of course, my minimum is $100,000, so you'd have to buy 2. I don't care about your credit score if you don't care about my rate and fees.

Condo's are the scariest type of property next to mobile homes because of the risk that's involved in buying them. Consider that the condo must have sufficient reserves in order to keep its residents from having to pay an assessment if something major needs to be fixed. If there are too many rental units in the complex, there runs a risk of too many foreclosures and ensuing implosion of the association.

Moving forward, we help you fix your credit after one year. Now, you go to the bank and request a loan to refinance into a better rate. You'll have to get a condo questionnaire (unless you use US Bank) and if the numbers don't jive with the lender's requirements, then you won't get financed.

Some of the things they look at? I actually just wrote a blog on this subject: How many delinquent accounts? How many units owned by the same person? Has the association been handed over to the owner's or is it still with a builder (for new complexes). How many renters? How many investment properties? How many? How many? How many?.....
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 16, 2013
Morethanlending answered:
Eric Jones

A Sincere and certified private money lender approved by the GOVERNMENT. I give out international and local loans to all countries in the world. Amount given out $2,500 to $100,000,000 Dollars, Euro and Pounds, available now are Business, Personal, House, Travel and Student Loans. Apply for a loan today with your loan amount and duration.Its Easy and fast to get. 4% interest rates and monthly installment payments.Check out this great offer, Please For more information contact me on

Kindest Regards
Eric Jones
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 17, 2012
Voices Member answered:
Hello Ronhaas47,

I am located in the Sarasota area, am quite familiar with Siesta Key properties and would welcome the opportunity to assist you with your refinance. Please feel free to contact me anytime.

Alice Barker
Licensed Mortgage Broker
NMLS #371609
Ameritrust Mortgage Associates LLC

Cell: (904) 614-7312
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 9, 2012
Tamika Moses answered:
hello Omar how are you. I am with Keller Williams Partners SW and we have a great in house loan officer that you can work with. She is with Van Dyk Mortgage and they have an array of loan programs for refinancing for investment properties. Her name is Rosalie Clement-Jackson and she can be reached directly at 305-793-6182. You can reach me at the information below for any other questions. Thank you

Tamika Moses
Keller Williams Realty Partners SW
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Joan Tole answered:
it has been my experience to use a professional for anything of importance, since your mortgage would be of utmost importance, your best bet is to call some mortgage "mortgage lender" if you would like some recommendations i would be happy to provide. Be very careful and verify references! ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat May 5, 2012
Irina Karan answered:
Hello Nisse,

If you are buying your principal residence, you can go FHA with 3.5% down, have seller pay your closing costs (this is subject to negotiation), then you'll be able to buy a house for $428,000 - if we look at your downpayment alone. FHA has loan limits that go by county - which you can check out on website. However, the price that you can afford will be calculated based on your income, amount of debt, car loans, student loans, taxes on the property, condo maintenance fee (if condo), home insurance, flood insurance (if a house) etc.

So, it is a great idea to go see a couple of mortgage pros, to see how much you can afford with the best terms, and to review lenders' Good Faith Estimates (to compare costs), and then compare their quoted rates (ask for their note rate and APR for that note rate). Lower APR for the same note rate will mean less costly lender.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 3, 2011
Luis E. Lozada answered:
Fri Jun 3, 2011
Luis E. Lozada answered:
It is not illegal bank is the owner of the property and may sell the property at the price that they stipulate. you just do not buy that property find another.
1 vote 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Luis E. Lozada answered:
I recommend you work with an FHA loan,
Please call me at 954-297-5634, for more information.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice