Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Hi Nella : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2
Thu Oct 14, 2010
Jeremy S. Hill answered:

You will have to call the boro of Somerdale That's the link to their homepage. You will need at least a fire and safety inspection. That is smoke, and carbon detectors in place as well as fire extinguisher. The boro inspector will also do an inspection. He can call for repairs or code violations at his discretion. If you are a buyer this is something that you should not be concerned with unless you are making as is purchase and obtaining the c/o is your respondsibility. If that's the case it often best to see what the township will require you to do to obtain the c/o prior to committing to do an as is purchase. If you need some assistance give a call I'd be happy to help.

Best regards,

Jeremy S. Hill, Realtor Associate,
Keller Williams Realty
Office: 856.685.1651
Direct: 609.876.5817
Fax: 609.482.8235
Licensed PA, NJ
"Your Interest 1st Always"
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 9, 2009
John Sacktig answered:
Ranger, It sounds like you want to move and break your signed lease.

O.k, I'm not an attorney, nor do I claim to be one, and I do not offer any legal advice... Just my personal opinion. ( imagine what this world has come to?)

Some towns require a CO, some do not. Some may require only a smoke cert.

Is it to be given to you when you move in? No. the C/O is the landlords responsibility to the town. Can you rat him out if you think there is not one.. yes. What will happen? They may do the inspection and give him /her a C/O.. does this automatically make your lease null and void? Probably not.

Why not just work with the landlord and comer to a resolution? Oteherwise, you are in for some leagl bills, paying an attorney to get you out of the lease, give you advice and so on.. same for the landlord.
But, I would think that before hitting the landlord with a " You have no C/O approach".... try to come to an amicable resolution to your lease problem.

Otherwise, contact an attorney to get proper legal advice.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice