Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Hazard : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 5
Fri Feb 19, 2016
Arpad Racz answered:

It depends on many factors. I would start with having a local real estate agent review your areas recent sales and go over a market analysis with them, then meet with a lender to see what you qualify for on the buyer side, and see if there is anything available In General for the range you qualify for with the criteria you are looking for.

All the best,

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 19, 2016
Karen and Paul Catania answered:
Escrow is a 3rd party in charge of distributing the funds to the correct people. They would be in control of the deposit. Because both of you are disputing who should get the deposit back, escrow will need to review the contract and situation to determine where the deposit should go. This is usually done within 17-21 days of escrow not 45. You may have never signed off the loan contingency but after 21 days the seller or their agent should have given you a notice to perform and after 2 days they would have the right to cancel the escrow, put their home back on the market and returned your deposit. Time and effort is lost but everyone would move on and put it behind them. I can see them being very upset that you are cancelling after 45 days but it should have never gotten that far. If this was a FSBO then it's another good reason why a profession in the industry should be involved. If there are realtors involved then the seller should have done better research on the agent they hired. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 30, 2011
John Arendsen answered:
Roof issues can be construed as potential "Safety" as well as "Health" related. As a 30 year general contractor, developer, broker I would say that the lender has the right to exercise on the side of caution. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 18, 2009
Mary answered:
We may be able to assist you with a couple of programs we're aware of.

You can reach me at
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed May 6, 2009
M.D.J answered:
More information would be needed but "Yes" you can use SSI. SSA for qualifying if it will continue...3 yrs. or more and proof will be needed.

Anything else contact me.

Good luck to you. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Hazard Zip Codes