Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Hayward : Real Estate Advice

  • All293
  • Local Info16
  • Home Buying123
  • Home Selling16
  • Market Conditions10

Activity 31
Thu Dec 29, 2016
Markmichaels62 asked:
Want to sue my lender for wasting my time for over one year then denies our lon modification because we had one before and up the payment 500 per month and now it is in default.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 16, 2015
Sheryl Arndt answered:
Hello stzhao05, you did not include a link or address to know which property you are interested in? You will need to be pre-approved to be able to meet an agent to view and submit offers on any homes of your choice. You may qualify to buy with minimum out of pocket expenses and pay less than rent in many cities.

If you figure out what cities/zip codes you are considering, minimum number of bedrooms and the maximum payment/price you are looking to achieve and you can be emailed listings to fit your search criteria. Your qualifications will be determined by your credit profile, debt to income ratios, fico scores and how much you want to invest into the down payment and closing costs.

You may qualify to buy FHA with fico scores between 500-579 with 10% down or minimum 580 fico score may qualify FHA 3.5% down or as low as .5% half percent down payment program. You may consider 3% down conventional from a minimum 620 fico score. Your fico scores can be raised within 3-4 days in most cases to qualify for programs, rates and terms as necessary.

It only takes a few dozen questions to qualify, go over your options and email you listings to study and compare. Here are some links to study about me as well as web reference links to many loan program pages offered...

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
REO & Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
20+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
9am till 5pm by phone Monday thru Saturday, Sundays by appt., EMAIL ANYTIME 24/7 or

If my response was helpful, consider clicking thumbs up or Best Answer!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 23, 2014
Ali Qureshi answered:
Can you tell the property address so we can pull up the information.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jun 30, 2014
Ali Qureshi answered:
Can you tell us the property address ?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Apr 8, 2014
Ali Qureshi answered:
You never have to give your credit card information for the inquiry you had mentioned in your question. There are a lot of scam artists out there. Just be careful.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 12, 2014
John Juarez answered:
There are currently 3 listings on the local multiple listing service for Hayward, Ca. homes under $200,000. Two 1 bedroom, 1 bath condos and one 2 bedroom, 2 bath townhouse. The townhouse is a contingent listing that is awaiting court confirmation so is not really available.

So…two under 200.

Contact me for more detail if you are interested.
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 26, 2013
Pacita Dimacali answered:
If you have a realtor helping you, he/she can find out more information about the property --- like if it's even for sale, who own it, etc.

But looking online for properties for sale may not be the most efficient way to do it since so many "listings" are either outdated, or what you see is not even for sale

Finally, if you aren't paying in cash, and will need to get a loan, are you already preapproved to buy property, what type of loan can you qualify for, and for how much? Some properties may not be FHA-approved, and as such you may need to see if you can get another type of loan.

There are many realtors on this forum who will be glad to help and guide you.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 3, 2013
Ronaldmtrulia answered:
Hello Patrick

Its a big problem.You need to discus with a reliable reverse mortgage .I have a reverse mortgage which name is reverse mortgage lenders direct. You can get any answer from their by search
... more
2 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri May 24, 2013
Annie Nguyen answered:
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 20, 2013
Mack McCoy answered:
Yes, they can come after you, and what would probably happen is that they will sell it to a collection agency for a fraction of the six and the collection agency will tack on charges on top of that.

As a practical matter, the HOA is going to get six months of delinquent dues from the new buyer, because they have a statutory lien (agents, correct me if I'm wrong here - but it seems like this is true in every state of the union) for six months worth of dues.

If it goes to foreclosure and doesn't sell, the bank/servicer/whoever frequently corrects the delinquency and brings the account current, which would take you off of the hook.

So. You owe $6000. You may get bailed out of some or most of it, but if you aren't bailed out of all of it, it will go to collections and they will hunt you down for . . . some period of time.

All the best,
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 6, 2011
Sunil Sethi answered:
looks like they resolved their problem with the property. I see the following in public records.

Foreclosure Record
Recording Date 02/25/2011 Document # 2011066762 BK-PG -
Document Type Notice of Rescission

Original Foreclosure Document: 2010337150
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 12, 2011
Barry Shapiro answered:
Here's the informative link from the IRS website:,,id=179414,00.html

Here's the informative link from the CA Franchise Tax Board website:

If you do not already have someone very knowledgable on this handling your taxes, I can refer an EA to you. You should be aware that the Calif. Tax Law is similar to the Federal, but has some differences to consider. Good luck with doing this properly.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 19, 2010
Joanna Jensen answered:

You may be able to file bankruptcy or wrongful foreclosure action.

there is no redemption period for a Non Judicial foreclosure sale.!!

This is the thing that is bad for homeowners who do not know what is up. they get info from people who do not know how foreclosure works in CA.

If your first loan is worth less than the amount of your current value of your home the second loan has equity.
Example, your home is worth $$339,000
you owe $289,000 on your first and $60,000 on your second the second can and may foreclose.

If your home is worth $200,000 and you owe $289,000on the first, the second will have to pay off the first in order to foreclose.

You can stop or recind a sale if it was done incorrectly.

How much was your home worth?


JoAnna Jensen
Volo law Group
925 699 5041
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 19, 2010
Shirley Bell answered:
No...your are now somewhat a tenant that is going to get evicted. So those rule will now apply to you..they have to file a evcition with the court are going to get a 3 day notice..court order but you have (depending on the state you reside) at least 90 days..but take that time to prepare youself before dont want that to stop you from renting. Make sure you answer the court order within 30 days. Sometime the Agent will offer you cash for keys is you leave earlier and leave the place in good conditon. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 14, 2010
Gilbert Richards answered:
The issue is there are minimum transaction and property standards that these lenders do not want to adhere to. So it is easier for them not to accept FHA financing cost wise.

There are construction rehab purchases that are not FHA 203k but they require a lot more down. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 13, 2010
Maya Thomas LLC answered:
If you are dealing with Bank of America the buyer will need to pay the HOA dues in a short sale.

If you go through foreclosure the bank will be responsible for paying part of the HOA fees. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 13, 2010
Maya Thomas LLC answered:
The HOA will file a lien against the property.

Call a Realtor in your area to find out if you have options.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 14, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Do you have a lease in place, if so you may wish to have an attorney specializing in real estate review it, most professionals do offer a free consultaion. Without a lease, there may not be much that can be done. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 19, 2010
Joanna Jensen answered:

I think it is very important for homeowners to know that now more than ever servicers / investors are willing to work with a homeowner who is facing a hardship.

Most servicers will help you as long as you have documented income. If you are unemployed you may be out of luck unless your collecting unemployement.

for the most part I think people talk to the wrong department.

Best of Luck
JoAnna Jensen

certified debt negotiator

... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice