Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Hawkins County : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 18
Tue Jan 17, 2017
Maricris A answered:

If you would like to post a rental on Trulia, you will be redirected to use our partner site, Zillow Rental Manager, to list your rental on Zillow, Trulia and other top sites. Please follow this link for instructions on how to post a rental listing:

If you have additional questions or have issues with posting your listing, please reply back to this email and I will be happy to help you.

Zillow Rental Manger Help:


Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Feb 22, 2016
Brownbrett28 asked:
Wed May 6, 2015
Creek Country answered:

Eidson is a very quiet community. It's made up mostly of homes with acreage. Some having cows, sheep and/or goats. Some of the homes have frontage on the Clinch River which is absolutely beautiful! While driving on one of the roads in Eidson, I spotted 4 deer coming down from the mountain for a drink in the river. If you are looking for a slower pace in life, this could be the community for you! ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 4, 2015
Rob Langevoort answered:
You're gonna love this!

Mouse over your name and select "Email Preferences" of all things. This opens a Email Preferences page and under "Email Alerts" you will see "Homes You're Following" and select edit. From there it's pretty obvious but getting there was a bear.

Who ever designed this website needs to go to school. Imagine ... on a site that deals with locations asking this very same person "How do you get there?"
... more
4 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jan 31, 2015
Brian Givens answered:
In the future, Try using the term, lease purchase", I feel like that is a better way to find what you are looking for. It generally requires @ 13-15% down initially and payments monthly over a short lease term 1-3 years. Sometimes sellers will agree to this if their property has been on the market awhile, I can help with those situations. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 20, 2014
Carolynn Elder answered:
Terry, it has sold. I am expecting another listing to come available in that complex and would be glad to let you know when it happens.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 28, 2013
lloyd0223 answered:
Sun Sep 8, 2013
Olivia Bjerke answered:
A false statement or concealment of a material fact made with the intention of inducing some action by another party. A court will grant relief in the form of damages or rescission if the misrepresented fact is material to the transaction. Misrepresentation can be an affirmative statement, such as This house does not have termites. It can also be a concealment of a material fact known to one party who knows the fact is not reasonably ascertainable by the other party. An example is a seller who knows of a serious defect in the support beams, yet does not disclose this fact to the buyer. This failure to disclose is sometimes called fraud.  However, if the buyer clearly does not believe or rely on the misrepresentations, or makes his or her own inspection and relies only on this investigation, the contract cannot be rescinded on a defense of misrepresentation.

Statements of opinion are not normally material facts and thus are not actionable. For example, This house is a great buy at $50,000, because it is worth much more than that, is a statement of opinion, often known as puffing.Note the difference between the statements The taxes are low and The taxes are $500 where actual taxes are $1,000. It would be no defense to a broker that the seller told the broker the taxes were $500 ”this is information the broker should verify. However, if the person making the representation possesses some superior knowledge, then the representation, even though opinion, is treated as fact. If a builder, for instance, says, The foundation appears to be properly laid, he or she may be liable if in fact it is not.

Courts have held that a broker who represents that he or she does not think the property is on filled land may be liable if it turns out the land is filled and the buyer suffers damages. Although misrepresentations usually are oral or written statements, they could be a nod of the head, pointing out false boundaries, or displaying a forged map in other words, any action that may convey a false message. Common subjects for misrepresentation lawsuits are statements regarding easements, sewer connections, high water, proposed special assessments, number of legal units, and condition of roof.
A person need not actually intend to misrepresent a fact. A broker or salesperson is liable if he or she knows or should have known of the falsity of a statement. Thus, if a broker makes a negligent misrepresentation of a material fact to induce the buyer to buy, and the buyer relies on this fact to the buyer detriment, then the broker is liable. The seller is also liable because the statement was made by the seller's agent within the scope of authority of the agency. If the broker fails to disclose a material fact, an aggrieved buyer usually has a successful case against the broker when:
* The broker has knowledge of facts unknown to or beyond the reach of the buyer that materially affect the value or desirability of the property, and the broker fails to disclose these facts.
* The broker intends to defraud the buyer by such nondisclosure.
* The buyer suffers actual damages as a result of the misrepresentation.
Some consequences of misrepresentation are:
* The real estate licensee can have his or her license suspended or revoked.
* The defrauded party can collect damages or have the contract rescinded.
* The seller may not have to pay a commission to a misrepresenting broker.
* Under the federal Interstate Land Sales Act, a misrepresenting broker may be jointly and severally liable to the purchaser.
* The buyer may be able to keep the property and sue the seller for the difference between the purchase price and the lesser actual value.
* The buyer may be able to collect damages for expenditures made in reliance on the misrepresentation.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 1, 2013
CanDo answered:
This home was purchased years ago and has been updated/remodeled and now back on the market. It is a private owner. This info has not been updated until today June 1, 2013.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 27, 2013
tammy_lamons asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Rosemary Adee answered:
Hi Brenda,

I tried to pull up some comps in the area and couldn't find any on JV Circle. I would have to see your home in order to get other comparisons in the area. If you are interested, give me a call. I live in the Mooresburg area.
Rosemary Adee, Exit Triple "E" Realty 423-921-0199
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jan 30, 2013 asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 25, 2012
Jybshaw asked:
Wed Apr 25, 2012
Tracey Bright answered:
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 22, 2011
Kevin Ramos answered:
My best adivce to you would be to get an experienced agent that has experience in dealing with REO's. Not all banks are the same, Fannie and Freddie have different criteria and HUD is in a world all its own. The good thing is when dealing with a bank you don't have to worry about all the emotion involved in dealing with an individual. The bank is simply looking at the numbers and one of those numbers is the time on the market. As in the rest of the nation Albuquerque has had to deal with large numbers of foreclosures and they can be tremendous opportunities for a buyer. When you consider the drawbacks of foreclosures, and there are some, they are more than outweighed if you get the right deal and a qualified agent can help you with how to do that strategically. Now finding an exceptional agent, that is the hard part! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 15, 2009
Sherry Wheeler answered:
I don't know who this goat has been dealing with (if anyone) but you need to have a buyers agent submit your offer. Ask them to submit your comps which show how you arrived at your price. This is all you can do. If a seller thinks their home is worth more than it is it'll sit there. Bottom line is what will it appraise for? You can't get a loan for more than the appraisal. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 6, 2008
Melanie Narducci answered:
You can ring your city planner with zoning questions like this. Good luck!
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
Popular Cities in Hawkins County