Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Harleysville : Real Estate Advice

  • All25
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying9
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 19
Mon Aug 15, 2016
Angelica P answered:

I am happy to help you get your listing posted on Trulia.

If you would like to post a rental on Trulia, you will be redirected to use our partner site, Zillow Rental Manager, to list your rental on Zillow, Trulia and other top sites. Please follow this link for instructions on how to post a rental listing:

If you have additional questions or have issues with posting your listing, please reply back to this email and I will be happy to help you.

Zillow Rental Manger Help:

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jun 17, 2015
Shauna Richards asked:
Wed Apr 29, 2015
deb133 answered:
Watch out that u may only be renting the ground your home is on. My spouse and I lived in one when first married in the south. It was great now they give u mtg rates we paid car interest loan rates ( non deductible ). Be sure to ask who you r going to lease the ground form in the park what his restrictions he has. We found more the better when we went to sell as all looked cleaned and tidy and there was w real sense of community. It can work for u just have multiple people read the contracts and they decide what makes you happy. NO BALLOON mtgs. If they even offer them any more ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 11, 2014
Jim Tarman answered:

The answers below have pretty much covered the answer for you. I have included a link to a map that pinpoints the grocery store options in the area. (copy and paste into your browser)

I did notice that mapquest has not updated completely. The Genuardi's is closed as is the Superfresh, however right across the street from the Superfresh (#10) is where the new ShopRite is located, and is the closest grocery store to the property you inquired about.

I was originally raised in the Willow Grove area and now live in close proximity to this property. I know that some folks from Willow Grove like being able to walk to a grocery or other store or may depend on public transportation. Did you have any limitations on transportation that made you inquire with this particular question?

I would be happy to further assist you in any way I can.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any other questions or needs.

Jim Tarman

Coldwell Banker Realty Corp
600 East Main Street
Lansdale, PA 19446
Office (215) 855- 5600
Mobile (610) 256-3019
Fax (215) 368-9480

(content not intended to solicit individuals currently under a buyer agreement or who's property is listed with another real estate professional)
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 5, 2014
Janine Paillard answered:

This home is at 15 Longwood Ct W which is in the Walnut Meadows development. It's located in Harleysville, Towamencin township, near Christopher Dock High School and off of Detweiler and Forty Foot Roads. The lot lease is $715 per month.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or would like to see it.

Warm Wishes,
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 17, 2013
Jon Christopher answered:
There are two answers to your question. If you own your propane tank you get significant discounts per gallon. I can pay $1.85-2.00/gallon of propane because I own the tank. If you lease the tank, which is usually the case, you can expect $3.00-4.00/gallon. On average with a tank that I own my winter bill is about $100/month. A leased bill would be about 75% more depending on the usage. Most town homes have centralized tanks and the cost for a 1500-2000sf town home should be on average around $150-200/month depending on your usage. There are many variables that can change the bill such as insulation, windows, ownership of the tank, heat setting, etc., but that gives you a starting point. Best of luck!

Jon Christopher
Broker of Record
Christopher Real Estate Services
c 267-342-1856
o 888-896-1034
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 12, 2013
Janine Paillard answered:
Not only can they be difficult to buy but they can be difficult to get insurance depending on the age of the home. Also, be sure to ask about monthly/yearly fees. I didn't see any listed for this home but that doesn't mean there aren't any. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 28, 2012
R. Eric Axelson answered:
Hi, I agree with Bill. Most of our chimneys have coal doors. At some point they would have installed a more modern heating system: most likely oil- or gas-powered forced air, radiator or baseboard. Hope this helps!

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 24, 2012
Rebecca Utermohlen answered:
This home is in pre-forclosure status, and is currently not for sale.

If you would like more information on other homes in the Harleysville area shoot me an email and I'd be glad to send you a list of what's available!

Rebecca Utermohlen
Coldwell Banker Realty Corp.
215-855-5600 ext. 138
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Dec 27, 2011
Carolee Collis answered:
Congratulations! What a great time to buy a home! As a Realtor, I believe that we don't just sell homes, but we help people start a new life. This is probably one of the most, if not the most important decision you will make and you should feel confident that the person you choose to represent you has your best interest in mind, and the experience and expertise to take you through the homebuying process, and it is definitely a process.

I would love to have the opportunity to work with you in either school district. and I agree that the best source of school district information is the internet and people that you may know from both districts.

If you would like to interview me, please contact me at

3084 Main Street
Sumneytown, PA 18084

215 234-8041ext. 114
215 380-4348 (c)
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed May 5, 2010
Janet and Mike Aguilar answered:
Dual agency can be very simple, you want to buy the home and the builder wants to sell it to you, if you are using a standard PAR agreement of sale they are usually pretty straight forward but most builder do not use the standard PAR agreement they use their on agreement of sale which is usually very builder friendly. Which agreement is the builder using? ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri May 1, 2009
Judy May, Esquire, REALTOR answered:
The location of Wyngate to Philadelphia and other neighboring hubs (for exmpale, shopping, etc.) is ideal. The builder does offer good variety in layouts and features -- and is apparently offering decent incentives for homebuyers.

One word of caution: don't forget that -- whether you're dealing with new construction or resale -- you should have a Realtor represent you. The agent sitting in the model home represents the BUILDER -- NOT you! Indeed, from your first visit to a new home construction site, your Realtor must accompany you (otherwise, you risk "going it alone" in negotiating terms of the agreement -- including price, incentives, etc.) If you don't yet have a Realtor -- for either your new home purchase OR the sale of your current home -- I would recommend that you begin interviewing Realtors to compete for your business. Real estate transactions are complex, requiring expertise and experience to best protect YOUR interests. (My clients appreciate the fact that, prior to entering the Real Estate industry, I practiced law for nearly 10 years and was regularly involved in negotiating contracts -- experience & insight very few Realtors possess.)

Feel free to call me direct at (610) 324-5240 with ANY questions you have about the homebuying -- or homeselling -- process. It would be my pleasure to assist you in any way that I can.

Good luck!


Judy May, Esquire, REALTOR
"A Refreshingly Different Real Estate Experience"

CENTURY 21 Alliance
2828 Audubon Village Drive
Audubon PA 19403
O: 610.666.0202 x. 226
C: 610.324-5240 (preferred)
F: 610.666.1942

Wanna win $221K?
Visit EVERY DAY to enter for YOUR chance to win.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 24, 2009
Kimberly Collins answered:
The townhouses in Wyngate average 1500 sq ft and up. The HOA is $175 monthly and the prices start at $240K and go over $300K, depending on the model and upgrades.
Just to let you know, when you go to a new development, it is best to take an Accredited Buyers Representative (ABR) with you. Realtors with the ABR logo have gone through extensive training on how look out for the buyers interests! When you work with the Agent that is there at a new home site, they are looking out for the builder’s interests!
If you would like more information about the development please feel free to call, e-mail or text me.
I would be happy to assist you!
Best regards,

Kimberly Collins, Realtor, ABR

"A Refreshing Real Estate Experience"

Keller Williams Realty Group
Cell: 610-476-7519
Office: 610-792-5900 Ext 8177
Fax: 610-792-8131

Oh, by the way I'm never too busy for your referrals!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 9, 2009
Edmund Choi answered:
New construction is easy in this market. It's all about timing and patience. If you're not in a rush, but want to claim the $8,000 tax credit, you have a few months to wear them down. By the way, get a Buyer's Agent; those sales reps are acting on behalf of the builder. Good Hunting! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 24, 2009
Horlow answered:
I can certainly provide you with that information, I have been doing extensive research and CMA reports on Harleysville and Lansdale ( North Penn/ Souderton schools) not only as an agent but as a buyer my self, I have seen most townhomes ..and i look at them everyday for comparison and what has just come new on the market. if you wish i can share my notes with you.
Hadjer Ahner
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 23, 2009
Kimberly Collins answered:
Since Real Estate is local, it will all depend on where you are in the United States.
In the Philadelphia area, from the reports I've been running. We will be in it for a little while longer, but we are soo much better off then other parts of the country. Smart Money named the suburbs of Philadelphia one of the best places to live for the money!

Kimberly Collins

Realtor, ABR
Keller Williams Realty Group
O: 610-792-5900
C: N610-476-7519
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 25, 2008
Andrew Smith answered:
I am an agent in Montgomery county (Jenkintown) and I have assisted many homeowners with the assessment appeal process. First, you need to determine if you have a case. Here in Montgomery county you convert your assessment to a market value by dividing your assessment by .508 (that's point 508). That is almost the same as simply multiplying it by 2. Then you compare that to what you feel your home is really worth. For example, if your assessment is 230,000 dividing that by .508 means that you are paying taxes on a value of $452,756. If you are sure that your home is worth more than that then you would not want to file an appeal as it means that you are under assessed. But lets say that you think your home is only worth $350,000 and recent sales of similar homes (within the last year) back up your opinion. Then you have a great case. Feel free to e-mail me for more information. Sincerely,
Andrew Smith
... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Harleysville Zip Codes