Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Hanover Park : Real Estate Advice

  • All40
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 20
Mon Jul 10, 2017
Mary answered:

Please follow the instructions below on how to find a Section 8 rental listings.

1. Click the Rent tab on our homepage
2. Enter your desired area in the search bar and hit Enter
3. Click More, enter the keyword 'Section 8', and click Search.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jan 7, 2016
It would be age discrimination if you were not offered a loan. You still must have documentable qualifying income to support a mortgage payment including taxes and insurance.

Mike Decman
Cherry Creek Mortgage
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 8, 2015
Rich Homer answered:
You might also engage a local Agent for help.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 3, 2014
Dave Czajkowski asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 27, 2014
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
Get in touch with a Property Management company or a local

Dont fall for scams, such as Homes on web sites asking for funds to be wired
or keys to be mailed

Good luck
Ruth ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 6, 2013
Bob Brandt answered:
I am a Realtor nearby and will be happy to help you when you get much closer to your move in date.
About 6 weeks out is when the time might be right.

0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed May 8, 2013
Bob Brandt answered:
For that short of a term, probably an Extended Stay America or Homewood suites in Schaumburg would be the most suitable. This is what they are set up for.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 12, 2012
Gregory Isaac asked:
This question was asked from…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 14, 2012
Bart Sitzberger answered:
You need to be more specific.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Suzanne Hamilton answered:
You should also check the rules for your village on what is or is not a bedroom. Because older homes did not have closets in every bedroom, there is no requirement for a closet for a bedroom in most towns.

You need to decide. Most buyers will want a closet. So you can offer that it will be done before closing if you want, but it may deter some people. Buyers sometimes don't believe what they can not see.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 17, 2012
Mohammed Saudi asked:
Tue Jul 17, 2012
Mohammed Saudi asked:
Tue Jun 26, 2012
Lea answered:
Wed Feb 23, 2011
Michael Cline answered:
You'll have to contact your current lender.

Another unfortunate citizen who drank that koolaid. :-(

0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Feb 23, 2011
Carl Henker answered:
The first place to start is with a call your existing lender. Find out what their process is and what information is required. Do not pay anyone an up front fee to handle the process, if you use an independent third party only pay a fee after the final modification paperwork with the lender is signed. Good Luck ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Feb 23, 2011
Linda Dressler answered:
Good morning Cheri:

As per my MLS search this morning, it looks as though there are currently 4 pending properties to be sold, 9 that have closed in the past year and 10 actively on the market. Out of the 9 sold, 5 were foreclosures. When buying into a community with a Home Owners Association, make sure that it is well run and that the bank account isn't empty. With delinquencies high, it could mean that current home owners have to pick up the slack to get updates done within the subdivision. I can't speak for Tanglewood to know what they might do to attract new buyers, but if you are considering a purchase there - you could become active with your HOA and voice your concerns and perhaps start some sort of marketing plan to help insure the resale value of your new home.

A buyers agent, such as myself, is typically paid by the seller and will negotiate on your behalf and help to make sure that your buying experience goes as smoothly as possible. Please let me know if you might need further assistance. Feel free to contact me directly by clicking on my name and then the 'contact me' tab.

Good Luck!
Linda Dressler, SRES, SFR, ADPR
'Helping From The Heart'
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Nov 13, 2009
Hi Deerfern,

Im not sure if you have taken care of your problem, but I can do a VA Vendee loan as a refiance, cash out or rate and term, as long as you have had the loan for 12 months. If you go conventional, you dont have to bring any money to closing, as long as there is some equity in the house. If we go FHA, you would have to pay the pre-paid items at closing. the pre-paid items are just the escrow account. If you need help with this, please contact me at ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 4, 2009
Dennis Toomey answered:

Contact me by email.

Dennis Toomey
Cell (847) 338-0180
Fax (847) 956-2844
Web site:
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 16, 2008
Howard King answered:

You don't say if anyone has been showing the property. Have there been any recent sales in the subdivision? My research tell there are areas in H.P. that have had little or no activity in over a year. If you are getting showing what is the feedback? What is the condition of the unit? Have other units sold in the subdivision? What is your competition? You need to know the answers to these questions. I've sold many t/h in Hanover Park over the years and recently the market there has been hit harder than some of the surrounding areas.

Good Luck
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Hanover Park Zip Codes