Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Greenville County : Real Estate Advice

  • All54
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying15
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 45
Sat Apr 1, 2017
Danina asked:
Fri Feb 3, 2017
Leadernadine answered:
My question is I'm up to date on my mortgage payments. But my HOA feed I'm behind. I want to set up a repayment plan. But the association wants more a month than I can afford. Now they want to foreclose on the property. What can u do to stop this? Can they sell my property even if my mortgage is up to date? Is that legal? I need a respond ASAP please ... more
0 votes 25 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 14, 2017
Ndavis answered:
Hi, Cynthia! It sounds like you have a lot going on there, but we're here to help! The foreclosure and repo will definitely factor in a lender's decision, but they'll need to know the date that each was officially filed. Your credit score itself isn't bad, and you have a decent down payment. Your next step would be to speak with a lender, and I work with some great ones here locally in the upstate. A phone call is enough to get some answers. We're not allowed to advertise here, but I'd like to point you in the right direction. Just click on my profile and I'd love to get you to the right place! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jun 22, 2015
Diane Christner answered:
Read your HOA bylaws and restrictions carefully. If they have the ability to fine you, they can potentially place a lien against your home and, after a certain amount of time, they may be able to foreclose on your property. You do not want to lose a home over a dispute with the HOA. If you cannot settle your dispute with the HOA board on your own, I would suggest talking to a lawyer to learn what options you have. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 4, 2015
Jeri Patrick answered:
I would contact a local real estate agent in your area to discuss the home in question.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 23, 2015
Victor Pasqualicchio asked:
I live in New Jersey and got sick several years and could not pay my bills including my 1st Mortgage and Condo dues. After 3 long years I got better went on SSDI and started to contact my…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 8, 2015
Adam Nelson answered:
If you have bad credit you should call a mortgage lender. Chances are you can not buy a home now. However they will set you in the right direction on fixing your credit so you can buy sooner rather than later. The first steps to fixing you credit is knowing what is on there so you can plan an attack to get it off. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 4, 2014
Brock Lee answered:
Having a resource to help with HOA information and documents makes life easier. Recently, when selling a home in Ohio, Association Online provided me with all the HOA details for the listing, and then provided all the documents - by-laws, financial statements, covenants, etc. They made sure the package was complete, making my work easier. Their web site is well organized and very easy to use - . Call their team of experts – they are great to work with (970-226-1324). ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 16, 2013
Nima Buva answered:
There are none at this point but there are some for sale "AS IS". So there is much room for negotiation. Let me know if you need any assistance in scheduling showings of these units. Here is my cell number (864) 634-8670 or send me your email address and I will send you those listings. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 28, 2013
Jim Olive answered:
Again, not knowing all the facts makes answering this difficult, but...I'm a whole lot less concerned about your agent advising others there was an offer on the table. That's a bit sleazy, but acceptable. Her job is to let people know she has a hot commodity and getting people to make offers. What I was concerned with is the agent changing your unsigned offer price. Hello?? Did you authorize her to do that without checking with you first??? That would be a significant concern to me if the facts suggest she was acting beyond her authority. Best of luck with your purchase... ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 6, 2013
Aris R Mendez answered:

Here's a list of home listings meeting your requirement within a 3 mile radius from above address, you have more options. Call me and I can set up a showing.

Thank you!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Aris R Mendez answered:
Hi Pooh : ),

Yes the HOA can place a lean in your home but it's cost effective not to specially if the home is under a distress status. If you have reached a Foreclosure status do a big favor to yourself and do not allow yourself to be foreclose on, your bank will allow the property to be short sale halting the foreclosure process and saving them tons of money. There may be an incentive for you as well, call me I can help, 've done numerous short sales. Thank you.

"Your Greenville SC Short Sale & Foreclosure Home Specialist"

Aris Mendez REALTOR®
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 16, 2012
Michael Emery answered:
Thu Aug 16, 2012
Denise Leigh answered:
Hi There! I'm the Market Manager & Buyer Agent Specialist for Delco Realty Group in Greenville, SC. If you are in need of assistance in your home search (or) would like to begin looking at homes in the Greenville area, please don't hesitate to call me. You can reach me @ (864) 444-9342 . Thanks and look forward to hearing from you soon!
Denise Leigh
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 5, 2012
Rick Stroud answered:
Hi Tiffany....sorry to hear you are facing a challenging situation. This isnt legal advise....but I would definitely consider discussing the situation with the Association (face to face if possible), they may not understand your current challenges and might be willing to work something out with you. And as Sheri said below, I would also talk to an attorney before committing to or taking any legal steps. If you dont have an attorney to turn to, I would highly recommend Kevin Brady with Guest and Brady, LLC. Kevin is extremely knowledgeable and specializes in real estate, so he should be able to give you some direction. Feel free to mention that I said for you to contact him. If he cant help, Im sure he would be able to give you a name of someone that could.

Dont hesitate to contact me if I can do anything to help you.

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu May 24, 2012
Nima Buva answered:
My fellow agent is right here. This is "Attorney" level question. You, all home owners should get together and approach real estate attorney. They do provide free advice. Let me know if I can be of any assistance to you ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 16, 2012
Elizabeth Anderson answered:
Sun Mar 11, 2012
David Patterson, Broker answered:
I agree with Alain. HOWEVER...... My team works with buyers throughout South Carolina interested in buying a home with credit challenges. I would love to enroll you in Home Buyers' Club. This is a FREE service to help achieve your real estate goals. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice