Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in Greensboro : Real Estate Advice

  • All450
  • Local Info61
  • Home Buying140
  • Home Selling18
  • Market Conditions20

Activity 21
Mon Aug 15, 2016
Randall Yates answered:
We can give you a referral to a reputable lender that has the right type of loan for you, that's what we specialize in, difficult loans that most lenders cannot do..
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 15, 2016
You likely already have financing in place - but we are talking to tons of people in North Carolina who are being told that there's no more USDA Home Loans available! Not True! We are closing USDA mortgage loans every week! Some of the larger banks stopped doing them - but we have them available and would be glad to help those who want to use this financing. Steve and Eleanor Thorne ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri May 1, 2015
Dana Lindberg answered:
An FHA 203k loan is offered by the federal government to help people buy and repair homes that need rehabilitation. I found a site which will give you a detailed guide and other valuable information about 203k loan. Check out ... more
2 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 19, 2013
Emily Franco answered:
Well one advantage is certainly no down payment! The last VA loan I closed, the buyer actually walked away from the table with money! I'm working another VA right now with someone who had several options and chose the VA route. A lower interest rate is quite possible as well. Let me know if you want to explore this option further, I know a lender that can get you VA approval in as little as a day! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 14, 2013
Brian Nguyen answered:
There are lenders like myself that are able to consider your circumstances by accepting an offer letter. Although, there will be other factors that we will have to look at as well. There are also loan options that do not require income verification. These types of loans do not require you to have an official verified income document but it will require a higher down payment. I suggest that you don't give up on looking for a lender yet. There is a right lender for you that can work with your situation. So keep contacting lenders like myself to see if there is anything that could be done. I would be glad to speak with you to see if I can get you started on a loan. If you have any further questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me. Good luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker Phone: 949.667.2887 ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Allen Lowe answered:
In my experience disability is as good or better now days than an actual paycheck and if you budget for a home financing would not be an issue for me Thanks Allen 336-362-8737
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 10, 2013
Thomas J Heslin answered:
Hello Town Home Owner,

I know that the current financial climate in the mortgage world is not very friendly. However, if you contact our HomeServices Lending Mortgage Officer, Ms. Sharon Swift, I know without a doubt that she will provide you with the best advice and assistance. Her office phone number is 336-510-4444 and her mobile number is 215-3260. I am sure that she will be able to help.

Tom Heslin 336-456-0810
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 23, 2013
Thomas J Heslin answered:
Good Morning Danielle,

I consulted with our HomeServices Mortgage Officer, Sharon Swift, and she was unable to find any reference to a $9,000. grant program. She did mention the Home Owner Tax Credit Program, which is now expired, that was not as much as $9,000. However, depending on your occupation, financial status or credit score, you may be eligable for any number of Mortgage Programs. I suggest that you contact Sharon at 336-510-4444, and discuss your situation and let her guide you through the mortgage qualification process. This is usually the first step towards buying a home. The pre-qualification process helps you determine the right price range for your home search. Your offer on a home is required to be accompanied by a mortgage pre-qualification letter from your lender. That way the seller knows that your offer is serious and you are qualified to afford the home.

I hope this helps with your question.

Tom Heslin, P.A.
Prudential Yost & Little, Realty
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 17, 2013
Len Montgomery answered:
This is a shame but I know some lenders are hardcore on these type things. Try this. Ask if they will accept the two prior years. If you had not filed April 3rd, 2013 and instead filed for an extension, this would have been what would have been requested and acceptable at most lenders.

Best of luck!!
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 7, 2012
Crystal answered:
Also Janet
Please do keep in mind that the lender has overlay requirements that vary as well. One lender may have min score of 600 and another 620 or 640. FHA also has new guidelines as well in regards to medical bills. Please be sure to shop lenders before making a decision. They are other products beside FHA to consider: USDA, Homepath, etc..

Best wishes

Please let me know if you would like me to send you some resources in regards to financing.

Crystal Davis
... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 29, 2012
Yes it will. You can simply calculate your dti ratio by adding the HOA dues into yourmonthly payment.

(principle, interest, taxes, insurance, mortgage insurance) PITIMI+HOA/gross monthly income ... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jan 12, 2012
Len Montgomery answered:
Both excellent programs for what they offer. The USDA of course is rural only. There is a link on their website that allows you to enter the address of a property to determine if it qualifies. But it is difficult to say which is "better" without knowing your specific needs. Talk to a few lenders and ask lots of questions. Most people do not realize that the lender may have their own guidelines that they super impose over the federal guidelines that may change the parameters that you would need to meet (i.e. credit scores, reserves, etc...). Good luck!! ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 26, 2011
Did you ever get this closed?

I am curious of the consumer's opinion and reaction of this loan program.

0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 5, 2011
Annette Levinson answered:
Most banks can lend with a ITN number. You just need a mortgage officer who knows what that is.
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 24, 2011
Bill Gassett answered:
Here is a fantastic resource that will offer suggestions on how to improve a credit score:
1 vote 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 26, 2011
Tom Bailey answered:
The cost of your PMI premium varies based on loan amount. In general, percentages between .5 and 1.25 can be expexted. PMI on a $100,000 loan could add $41.00 and $104.00 to monthly house payments. Credit history, amount of down payment and loan type contribute to calculations so consult a lender for a personalized quote based on individual circumstances. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon May 9, 2011
Karen Parsons Fiddler answered:

As the others have said...please contact an attorney. For a while land leases were popular ways to sell a home and this is exactly how it's done. You keep an unrecorded deed and the new owners pay you and you pay the mortgage...but there are so many things that can go wrong, and this is just one of them.

I hope you can get some good legal advice and move forward.

... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 14, 2009
Dan Chase answered:
If nothing else mentioned below helps one idea might. Buy some credit. Take some money you have in a bank already and get a secured loan with it. That means you pay the bank to borrow your own money that you can not use. But after several months or years you will have built up credit. If you could get a credit card and pay it off completely every month that would also help. Never carry a balance or pay late. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon May 18, 2009
Len Montgomery answered:
Hi Tynetta,

That is a tricky question without a clear answer. The short is, yes, it can be counted under certain circumstances and based on the policy of the individual lender. i would recommend that you speak to several mortgage professionals and ask them what the policy of their company would be. For those who would accept it, there will likely be conditions such as being able to verify the WC will pay for at least "X" amount of time. Or it may be that they want to confirm the position at the company is secure when he is healthy again. Be sure that you DO NOT allow them to pull your credit until you are comfortable with the answers they give. I am not certain of what they could offer, but I have a couple of very reliable experts I would be happy to refer you to to get you started. You can reach me through my profile here or through my website. ... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jan 24, 2009
Larry Story answered:
I am guessing that the seller is probably paying the closing costs also. The problem is that a seller can only contribute a certain percentage back to the buyer with the new FHA guidelines. They did away with down payment assistance but, allowed them to continue to pay for closing costs. Your probably not going to get around that. It is a fixed percentage of your loan. I will take a shot in the dark and guess that it is new construction. The only thing I can think of is to A) see if you can get someone to rent your apartment so you can leave. B) take your lease and talk to the closing attorney and an FHA lender to see what can be done. The apartment may let you out if you have someone ready to rent the apartment.

Hope this helps,
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice