Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Greater Fondren Southwest : Real Estate Advice

  • All39
  • Local Info14
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 22
Mon Mar 13, 2017
Bouncy105s answered:
Mon Mar 13, 2017
Bouncy105s answered:
Sat Dec 26, 2015
Alysse Musgrave answered:
Contact Sandra Ramsey at She can help you. Tell her Alysse sent you.

Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You! Follow the links below.

Alysse Musgrave
Consumer Advocate
Exclusive Buyer Agent

Best selling author of Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You! US, Texas, and Spanish versions available.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed May 6, 2015
RonS answered:
what foreclosure paperwork are you looking for? They sent you paperwork. Did you lose it?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Feb 9, 2015
Susie Kay answered:
With a quitclaim deed. I would consult an attorney first, though!
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 9, 2015
Sahar Samadian answered:

The title company that you closed at will have a copy of the property deed.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 13, 2014
Corby Callaway answered:
Hello Ann, as mentioned below it is best to seek legal advice to this and consult an attorney . Mike Fuqua is who I would recommend. Here is a link to the firm
He has handled several of my clients and has done a great job.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 2, 2014
Kathryn Robinson answered:
As all the other Realtors have answered, we can't legally speak to 'safety.' At the end of the day, if something is super important to you, you should verify the information. There are alot of great resources available online that can help you, but at the end of the day, that is still information from a third party--you should verify directly from the local department. If you show up with cookies at the fire department or police station-I'm sure they will give you plenty of information! You know what they say about sugar vs salt! Best of luck to ya! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 27, 2014
hakeemwill asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 22, 2013
Limor Shemer answered:
Good morning Daniel,

You may want to explore the exemplary schools in the Meyerland area, zip code 77096:
Kolter, Lovett, Herod.
Briarcorft Elementary also has a great reputation.

Both of my kids attended Kolter Elementary --magnet in languages:
Spanish, French and Japanese are being thought there.
Prices of Real Estate are also reasonable in this area.
For public school information (Houston Independent School District, HISD), you can obtain information at this site:
Please feel free to contact me regarding high-end luxury rentals (also corporate - Fully furnished rentals) at:
All the best of luck - have a great weekend, Limor
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 20, 2013
Serena Dodd answered:
Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital
7600 Beechnut St, Houston, TX ‎ 3.4 mi N
(713) 456-5000 ‎ ·
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Sep 16, 2013
Al Geffon answered:
Actually, it doesn't really matter, as this unit is not available ... according to MLS it has never been offered for sale. The original owner may still have it.

Third-party sites such as this aren't the best places to look for property, as information is often innacurate or confusing. Your best bet is, where listings are updated every fifteen minutes.

Better still, you should be working with a Realtor ... and since there's no cost to you as a buyer, it's a no-brainer. If I may be of service, please feel free to contact me. I wish you well.

Al Geffon
Trend Setter Realty
(713) 213-6350
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 20, 2013
paulgordon06 answered:
Anna & Geffon, thanks for your valuable advice !!
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 24, 2013
Irina Karan answered:
Yes. If each of the jobs is longer than 2 years and is in the same industry.

However, the exact amount of the mortgage you can qualify for will be calculated based on
your employment verification form, filled out by each of the employers.

It will make sense to go to a reputable mortgage pro in your area and talk about the process
overall, how much you'd need to save, what you'd need to pay off (if needed) - basically,
to prepare for the buying process and get pre-approved.

You can ask your agent on who she/he could recommend, and also check out Trulia's Find a Pro tool.

Hope this helps!

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 24, 2013
Irina Karan answered:
Hello Ana,

If the property is in poor condition - cash is the king - because the buyers would have time financing their purchase. If there is plenty of buyers in the area, and the house is in ok condition, it makes sense for the seller to wait for a pre-approved buyer to get a mortgage - and get paid in retail price.

Usually, it is a proof of funds that you'd need to show when making an offer.
However, you normally are not obligated to provide the proof of funds prior to your preview of the property. It is more of a good business practice for the agent to check if money is there - so that no one is wasting their time.

Hope this helps!

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Persis Behramsha answered:
Hello, I checked the link you are referring to here, and don't see any information about rent. These are listed as free standing homes and the $2240/month shows an estimated monthly mortgage payment based on 20% down and certain interest and tax rate.

Are you referring to another link perhaps?

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 10, 2013
Deja Land answered:
You can go to and type in an address to find the owner or taxpayer information. If the owner name is not listed you can always write to the address given for the taxpayer and hope for a response as to the owners.

Good luck finding them!


Deja Land
Coldwell Banker United, Realtors®
5111 Bellaire Blvd. / 77401
713.585.5017 Mobile
713.349.7230 Office
713.349.9912 Fax

Home is where the heart is... Let me help you find the perfect Home to fill a lifetime of memories.

Before working with a real estate broker, you should know that the duties of a broker depend on whom the broker represents. If you are a prospective seller or landlord (owner) or a prospective buyer or tenant (buyer), you should know that the broker who lists the property for sale or lease is the owner’s agent. A broker who acts as a subagent represents the owner in cooperation with the listing broker. A broker who acts as a buyer’s agent represents the buyer. A broker may act as an intermediary between the parties if the parties consent in writing. A broker can assist you in locating a property, preparing a contract or lease, or obtaining financing without representing you. A broker is obligated by law to treat you honestly.

Please click on this link for further information... I am required by the Texas Real Estate Commission as well as Coldwell Banker United, Realtors® to present this to you upon first contact. When I meet with you I will ask you to acknowledge this document by signing for my file.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 12, 2012
Carolyn Wolfe answered:
Brook, I would feel uncomfortable putting an individual's name out on this forum, but you can look up on and search by property name. You can also send me a messege and I can send you the old listing link along with the Tax Profile Report.

If you would like sales stats for the neighborhood, let me know!

Do you need to sell or lease your existing home? I can help with that, too!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 25, 2012
Al Geffon answered:
Public information is available at Hover over Record Search, click on Real Property, then type in the address. It will give you the information.

If I can be of further assistance, please contact me at (713) 213-6350 or ... ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice