Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Great Falls : Real Estate Advice

  • All63
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying15
  • Home Selling13
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 16
Fri Oct 21, 2016
Angelica P answered:

I apologize but we do not have an option to upload new photos of the property if it is not an active listing or for sale. We can remove the outdated photos of your property if you want to. Please provide the complete address of your property.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Mar 30, 2016
So.sad.but.true asked:
We are remodeling some of the rooms in our home, and one of the bedrooms had a very crude closet, which we tore out. One of the fellows doing some work on our house said that a room has…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 13, 2016
Phil Smeltzer asked:
I have land listed for sale by owner on zillow. The property in Trulia does not have my phone number or picture listed. When I try to change or edit, I am flipped to Zillow. I want Trulia…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 27, 2015
Jeri Patrick answered:
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Sep 26, 2015
Amelia Robinette answered:
You should contact an attorney - this is a legal question that most of the contributors here are not qualified to answer.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 2, 2014
Annette Lawrence answered:
This is a job for an attorney.

There are three deminions to this issue, and all will require an attorny.
Take action as soon as possible.
Your brothers plan will create greater hardship if allowed to result in eventual foreclosure. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 14, 2014
Lynn Kenyon answered:
Whoa. Red flags are waving all over on this. Can't get financing, but he is going to pay you? Quit claim and no legal ownership anymore? Even a Contract for Deed has risks; especially if he defaults. There might also be issues with implied tenancy and getting him out, if you decide to sell the home to someone else later. Call a real estate, and possibly an estate, attorney before doing, or signing, anything. ... more
1 vote 15 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 14, 2014
Mschris answered:
Fri Mar 14, 2014
Lynn Kenyon answered:
Way too broad of a query. Call and we can discuss your specific property. There is no set amount,or percent, by any means.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 14, 2014
Lynn Kenyon answered:
Always consult an attorney and an accountant when dealing with complicated estate and financial issues. There are several considerations, one is the imputed tax rate for the loan. The IRS has guidelines for this. Another are the consequences for not being current and going into default. These are just a few. We use attorneys to draw up every contract for deed. It is protection for the buyer and the seller. There are several experienced ones in the area and it is well-worth their fee, in my opinion. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 23, 2013
Stacy Good answered:
Because the Government in all it's wisdom does not want you to be homeless, in case you get yourself in trouble. They are allowing you to keep the first $250,000 of equity in your primary residence. If you live in the Great Falls, MT area, the average list price is below that. As long as you make your current monthly morgage payments and are not in trouble with your lender, know one can place a lien on your house and try and take it away, but you must have a Homestead in place. That means on file at your local County Court House. Contact your Attorney for legal advise, I am not an Attorney and I do not profess to know all the legal ramifications of the Homestead Act. Please contact an Attorney for a more legal answer. A Title Company can also help you with filling a Homestead Deed on your property. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Apr 23, 2013
Stacy Good answered:
To know what to price a home at in todays market a good Realtor should do a Market Analysis of the property and surrounding properties which have been on the market in the last 6 to 12 month period. You have to compare Features to Features and Updates to Original decor. We have lots of tools to help come up with a solid price and a time period it might sell in. A good Agent knows the tools of the trade and can give you the advise you are looking for. I can walk into a home and tell you what you need to do to prepare it for the market and help with a marketing plan to give it the exposure it needs to sell. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 23, 2013
Stacy Good answered:
Commissions are always NEGOTIABLE!!! There is a standard we all would like to get, but truth is, it is what you and the Real Estate Broker decided. What the Realtor will List it for and what the Seller will sell it for have to meet. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 5, 2013
Kim Martin answered:
I would start by asking what year and size is the mobile home? Also, does it have a permenant, financeable foundation?
The other thing to understand would be that it is very hard to purchase land over 40 acres in size. Someone like NW Farm Credit Services may finance, but it would take quite a bit of a down payment I'm sure. I guess what I am saying it, the harder something is to finance, the less it is usually worth... ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 11, 2011
Amber Corrow answered:
Hi D.S

Obviously, the best answer is to contact a Real Estate Attorney to be sure that you do not have liability. There are a few good ones in the Great Falls area. Be sure that you contact one in the state that the property is in as Real Estate laws can vary from state to state.

Having worked in the mortgage industry, I can tell you that if your name is not on the deed, if you did not sign any of the loan documents, if your name is not on those 1098's at the end of the year, you likely do not have an obligation to that mortgage. Whoever signed their name to that loan is responsible. If you were Quit Claimed on to the Deed at closing or sometime after closing that gives you an ownership interest in the home. You can certainly give up that interest if you so choose but I believe both parties would have to sign the Quit Claim, again, consult an attorney or a local title company for guidance on those issues.

I am sure you have your own reasons for giving up an ownership interest in a home but remember, once you give up your interest, you may have no grounds to go back and collect a portion of the profit should the home ever be sold. Please consult with an attorney before making this decision so that you know all of your alternatives and the outcome of any alternative that you may choose.

Please feel free to call me if you need any further information. Have a great day!

Amber Corrow
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Selling in Great Falls Zip Codes