Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Grandview : Real Estate Advice

  • All19
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 6
Wed May 3, 2017
Alan May answered:
You can't back out, after closing, because you are now the legal owner of the property and responsible for any expenses and repairs.

If you can prove that the sellers hid this defect, you might be able to sue them... but proving that they knew about this potential flooding can be very difficult. Did your inspector mention any evidence of prior flooding? ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 15, 2016
Jcfam494 asked:
How soon after paying off bankruptcy can you sell and buy a home?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 13, 2012
Cammy Hinson answered:
I have a gal looking for more of that type of work... I am a Realtor and I use her in Johnson County, Cass County, Jackson County, Wyndotte County, her name is Amy and you can call her at 816-778-5218... she is fabulous and cost effective. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 17, 2012
Cyearns answered:

It's hard to say without more information. Most houses in that area (assuming they are in good shape) are worth $55 to $75k.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon May 31, 2010
Bill Eckler answered:

It would be advisable to deal with specifics as much as possible.

In doing so, it may be beneficial to speak with several lenders and provide them with exact information. They will be able to best advise you on possible programs and your availability.

Best wishes,

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Apr 26, 2009
Vicky Chrisner answered:
You should consult a qualified tax advisor, but my guess is that if your past tax returns clearly show that you have held a rental property and not a principal residence, then you likely can claim the credit. Again - do not make decisions based on any answers you get here, this is a tax question and most responders will be real estate agents, not tax professionals. Also, since this is a new law and grey areas may remain undefined, we really should not be giving you more than our best guess. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Grandview Zip Codes